post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2019, 05:35 AM Thread Starter
Jerry Kraus

Local Time: 03:56 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

United States Male

2007 S Model Fault Code Help Please - PO341

Hi All,

My wife just acquired a 2007 Mini Cooper S with 28,000 miles on it. She has not had it even a month and the check engine light came on with 2 of the same codes: "PO341 Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Range / Performance Bank 1 or Single Sensor"

I also noticed that when she drives around a corner the engine oil symbol (oil can) light would come on for a second. I looked it up and the manual said add a quart of oil, so I did. I've never had a car start burning oil at 30,000 miles, is that normal for a 2007 Mini Cooper S?

Thank you all in advance for your help...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mini Cooper Codes 5.20.19.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	228385  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2019, 10:39 AM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 03:56 AM
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Kraus View Post
Hi All,

My wife just acquired a 2007 Mini Cooper S with 28,000 miles on it. She has not had it even a month and the check engine light came on with 2 of the same codes: "PO341 Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Range / Performance Bank 1 or Single Sensor"

I also noticed that when she drives around a corner the engine oil symbol (oil can) light would come on for a second. I looked it up and the manual said add a quart of oil, so I did. I've never had a car start burning oil at 30,000 miles, is that normal for a 2007 Mini Cooper S?

Thank you all in advance for your help...
all makers except honda do this trick these days ie designed low friction bores and pistons and use oil vag groups v6 petrols are silly for using oil 1 litre to 200 miles common, prince engines use a tad as well,, its worth doing a seafoam in engine oil run car for 100 miles this will clean out any crud in piston rings, as you have run it low on oil chances are damage is done rule of thumb when light comes up on dash for oil pressure its to late,
this all said need to have timing chain checked also need to know what the vanos sprockets are doing when can running,, its very common that oil starved engines will wear the metal oil control rings inside the camshafts on first journals that send oil to the vanos sprockets these sprockets alter the cam timing from oil pressure,, you might be luck and oil and never let oil get lower than full mark again,, little tip if you co to europarts and ask for 5/30 low saps oil suitable for mini cooper s they do a 20 litre drum for around 45 ie 4 gallons 11 ish per gallon of oil.. beats the 35 that some pay for a 4 litre can of other branded oil.

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mike1967 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in