Second Generation MINI One MINI One from 2007 - Present

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2019, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 07:32 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

What make of thermostat

Hi need some advise, I need to change Euro carparts thermostat I fitted only lasted six months!!! On my 2008 1.4 mini one. What’s a good OEM part and should I replace pipe that goes to water pump as well? Also looking to replace cylinder head seals, what’s a good kit and sealant to buy? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2019, 04:47 AM
MINI2 Senior

Quoted: 299 Post(s)

What make of thermostat were you supplied by euros? Was it circoli as I believe they can be a bit hit and miss.

Other option is dealer but at around 120 it can make your eyes water

Unless the pipe is split or damage I use the old one. Good luck with the metal clip

Do you mean valve cover seals rather than cylinder head then a good brand is fai and they can be found on Ebay. unless leaking or split I have reused originals
You want a good quality rtv sealant just to put a dab in the corners on the vac pump end of the head

Leave it to set for about 10 mins then reassemble and torque bolts to 10 nm or risk damaging seals

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2019, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Thanks for that and yes it was a circoli, at least I’ll get my money back but not my time!!! Sorry meant valve cover seals will look on eBay. Thanks for the tip!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in