My Mum has a 2012 (2nd facelift) Aygo, my observations from driving it a bit & cleaning it:
- it's a bugger to clean properly as it has more nooks, crannies, channels etc than any car has a right to
- it's been back for leaking tailgate & recall on rear window hinge failure
- apart from routine servicing the only things it's needed are an exhaust, tyres & wipers
- 1L, 3 cylinder performance is just about adequate around town, although it does sound like a 4 cylinder engine that's "missing" on one, and you have to be in a gear lower than usual. It's fun chucking it around roundabouts etc., but as soon as you get out on higher limit roads you're very aware it's a small, underpowered car, I wouldn't really want to take it far on a motorway for instance. Shorter wheelbase & narrower track makes it far more jouncy than a Mini.
- the car is built down to a (low) price & IMO the interior has suffered, it looks nice enough but there's a lot of exposed metal & feels a little cheap & sounds very clangy when you unlock it or close a door.
- boot is tiny, 5 door option makes it easier to carry passengers
TBH not a bad choice, compared to a Mini there's less refinement, less character ... and less problems.