Second Generation Works MINI John Cooper Works and MINI WC50 2007 - Present

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #241 of 249 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 10:01 PM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
Learning !

Local Time: 09:11 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Scotland Male View alymac's Laser Blue & White 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountCharles View Post

Though the way the credit crunch is affecting my business, by next year all I'll be able to afford is a Panda. So MINI better get a move on if they want my order.
, i know, i have been beginning to think that myself but what the hell

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 249 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 2008, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Loving his JCW!!!

Local Time: 10:11 PM

United Kingdom Male View rogan200's Chili Red & Black 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile

Picking up tuesday morning.

Just had a strange call from my dealers. They had come to fit my JCW suspension today, and it turned out the kit they have ordered was identical to the suspension on the car, that is the sports suspension.

They had spoken to germany who told them that the JCW is fitted with the JCW suspension when sport suspension is specified. Now i know this not the case - The sports susp. is the same as that on the cooper s. They couldn't get anywhere with it, so i gave chris at woodmans a call as i knew he'd sold the JCW kit and springs before. It turns out mini have forgotten to list the JCW suspension as an option on the Works JCW car, so ive had to give parts numbers from chris to my dealer so that they can get the correct bits sent overnight for fitting tomorrow!! Not the salesmans fault at all, but their parts man really should know these things.

What a palaver! Still, good of chris to help out when hes not even getting a sale from it - If my dealer doesnt get it fitted in time they wont be profiting from fitting it late and ill take my money up to Woodmans.

post #243 of 249 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 2008, 05:51 PM
DS/B Cooper Works

United Kingdom Male View droopy2's Dark Silver & Black 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile View droopy2's Classified Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogan200 View Post
Just had a strange call from my dealers. They had come to fit my JCW suspension today, and it turned out the kit they have ordered was identical to the suspension on the car, that is the sports suspension.

They had spoken to germany who told them that the JCW is fitted with the JCW suspension when sport suspension is specified. Now i know this not the case - The sports susp. is the same as that on the cooper s. They couldn't get anywhere with it, so i gave chris at woodmans a call as i knew he'd sold the JCW kit and springs before. It turns out mini have forgotten to list the JCW suspension as an option on the Works JCW car, so ive had to give parts numbers from chris to my dealer so that they can get the correct bits sent overnight for fitting tomorrow!! Not the salesmans fault at all, but their parts man really should know these things.

What a palaver! Still, good of chris to help out when hes not even getting a sale from it - If my dealer doesnt get it fitted in time they wont be profiting from fitting it late and ill take my money up to Woodmans.
Rogan

Saw your car down there today whilst having the strut brace fitted (they did not charge me) looking sweet.... can you give me the part number for the suspension kit please as I am seriously thinking about having this done before the 25th Oct.

Thanks

WD

I owe I owe it's off to work I go............

Last edited by droopy2; Sep 26th, 2008 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Need to use the spell checker I do .....

post #244 of 249 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 2008, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Loving his JCW!!!

United Kingdom Male View rogan200's Chili Red & Black 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy2 View Post
Rogan

Saw your car down there today whilst having the strut brace fitted (they did not charge me) looking sweet.... can you give me the part number for the suspension kit please as I am seriously thinking about having this done before the 25th Oct.

Thanks

WD
No worries!

JCW Suspension Kit: 33.50.0.429.708
Front Spring (need to order 2) - 31.33.6.782.729
Rear Spring (need to order 2) - 33.53.6.782.731

Spoken to them again this afternoon and im confused - it turns out they did have the correct kit, but not springs. Also, they said the rear (i think may have been front) spring part number was diff for the works car to the one above - it was only 1 number different. If you go down there dont be to reliant on the parts dept. If you want to be sure of numbers speak to Nick Evans in sales as he will be able to give you the details of what i've had.

With all this confusion though i'll be carefully checking the p/n on the roll bars and struts to ensure everything is what i've paid for. Think i posted somewhere in a thread in the 2nd Gen suspension section how much i've paid so you can use that as a refrence when negotiating your price if you go ahead! Can't remember now and im in Budapest so dont have the info with me.

Hope helpful!
Thanks for this post from:
post #245 of 249 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2008, 09:29 AM
MINI2 Senior

England Female View mini5lover's Laser Blue & White 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile

Talking My blue at last

Been and gone and done it!

Have ordered my laser blue john cooper works. Have been reigned in with my spending and just gone for the following:

I have a few days to add anything else but cant afford it.

Chili Pack
Hi fi
Punch leather
White roof and mirror caps

Would like to add!

JCW suspension
Strut brace
Multi-function steering wheel(not sure about whether worth it though)

and thats about it. Will have to make my mind up by Saturday when I finalise things. Have already got to £24000 though. Cant wait to receive it, have been told mid November.

Mozza obsessed
post #246 of 249 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2008, 12:54 PM
DS/B Cooper Works

United Kingdom Male View droopy2's Dark Silver & Black 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile View droopy2's Classified Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini5lover View Post

Have ordered my laser blue john cooper works. Have been reigned in with my spending and just gone for the following:

Chili Pack
Hi fi
Punch leather

Would like to add!

JCW suspension
Strut brace

and thats about it. Will have to make my mind up by Saturday when I finalise things. Have already got to £24000 though. Cant wait to receive it, have been told mid November.
I would reccomend the MFSW. I do miss having it..Especially if you have the usb bluetooth option then you get voice dialing and cruise control. I believe it can be retro fitted at nearly £500-00.

WD

I owe I owe it's off to work I go............

Last edited by droopy2; Oct 6th, 2008 at 09:28 PM.
post #247 of 249 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2008, 05:19 PM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Male View jason74's Laser Blue & Black 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile View jason74's Classified Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini5lover View Post

Chili Pack
Hi fi
Punch leather

Would like to add!

JCW suspension
Strut brace

I too have ordered the laser blue JCW, its was the only colour I wanted. I specced mine similar to my R53 MCS but made sure I had MFSW as been in others with it, and found it very useful, as you get cruise control aswell.

Ordered mine last week and been told I should have it by end of Oct, but the last week seemed to go that bit slower.
Thanks for this post from:
post #248 of 249 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2008, 07:52 PM
MINI2 Senior

England Female View mini5lover's Laser Blue & White 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile

I didnt realise you get cruise control, sounds better value now! Think I will go for it, have a few days to decide, it will be a long wait, cant wait to see pics of yours!

Mozza obsessed
post #249 of 249 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 2008, 12:05 PM
MINI2 Senior

Signed up this morning and deal finalised. Dealer was very pleased with Swiper (feeling guilty)

John Cooper Works
Laser Blue
Color line blue
Punch leather seats
Multi function steering wheel. He is giving me a free ipod lead!
Hi Fi
Chili Pack

Have to wait three to five weeks not sure yet but cant wait til he is born! Will let everyone know and post pics as soon as I can. Would like to buy a JCW plate now and my husband cant wait to detail it.

Mozza obsessed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , ,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in