JCW Ordered!!! Anyone Else?? - Page 3 - MINI Cooper Forum

Second Generation Works MINI John Cooper Works and MINI WC50 2007 - Present

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #31 of 249 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2008, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Loving his JCW!!!
 
rogan200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Harrogate / Bristol
Local Time: 03:54 AM
Posts: 273
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View rogan200's Chili Red & Black 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon vital View Post
I don't think the Chili pack is worth it. You can spec the different bits you want for cheaper I reckon.
Chili well worth it! - if you spec the bits in it separately it comes to £2200. The chili is £1650 so that saves £550 which for something from mini is superb methinks.

rogan200 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 249 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2008, 09:06 AM
MINI2 Senior
 
jon vital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Essex
Local Time: 03:54 AM
Posts: 600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
I'm not sure you need ALL the chili stuff. I'm looking to spec a JCW that is better value than an S with Aero kit and decent wheels so. how much could I save by not having these bits?

420 - Darkened Rear Glass
450 - Passenger Seat Height Adjustment
534 - Automatic Air Conditioning
6ND - Basic Bluetooth with USB

jon vital is offline  
post #33 of 249 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2008, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Loving his JCW!!!
 
rogan200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Harrogate / Bristol
Local Time: 03:54 AM
Posts: 273
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View rogan200's Chili Red & Black 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon vital View Post
I'm not sure you need ALL the chili stuff. I'm looking to spec a JCW that is better value than an S with Aero kit and decent wheels so. how much could I save by not having these bits?
All the items in the chili without those you mention above would come to £1520 so you would save but i'd have thought for an extra £130 you'd be better off getting the extra bits maybe??
rogan200 is offline  
 
post #34 of 249 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2008, 07:28 PM
MINI2 Senior
 
jon vital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Essex
Local Time: 03:54 AM
Posts: 600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
Hmm. I'm on a bit of a budget. How inportant are the Bi Xenons? That would knock off another £430.

Something else I'm thinking about.....the Recaro seats could be bought elsewhere for less than the £2000 MINI want for them for the same item. Maybe some sort of group buy is in order if someone can find an appropriate seller?
jon vital is offline  
post #35 of 249 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
MINI2 Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Local Time: 02:54 AM
Posts: 21,702
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Female View supa-dupa-cooper's Chili Red & White 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile View supa-dupa-cooper's Classified Ads
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon vital View Post
Hmm. I'm on a bit of a budget. How inportant are the Bi Xenons? That would knock off another £430.

Something else I'm thinking about.....the Recaro seats could be bought elsewhere for less than the £2000 MINI want for them for the same item. Maybe some sort of group buy is in order if someone can find an appropriate seller?
I would say definatly get Xenons!!

Ive got them and they are fab! The standard halogens on the R56 are pretty dire, to the point id say they were worse than my R50 ONE with halogens!
supa-dupa-cooper is offline  
post #36 of 249 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2008, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Loving his JCW!!!
 
rogan200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Harrogate / Bristol
Local Time: 03:54 AM
Posts: 273
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View rogan200's Chili Red & Black 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon vital View Post
Something else I'm thinking about.....the Recaro seats could be bought elsewhere for less than the £2000 MINI want for them for the same item. Maybe some sort of group buy is in order if someone can find an appropriate seller?
Yeah chris at woodman BMW (one of the mini2 sponsors) is doing the seats in Leather or Alcantara for £1525inc VAT. Thet retail at £1730 for leather of £1830 for alcantara so its a good saving. This doesnt include fitting though, and i believe some recoding of the seatbelt sensors is needed even if you fit them in the car yourself. (someone please correct me if i'm wrong).l think chris sasid on a dedicated thread to this somewhere that fitting would be £200 through him.
rogan200 is offline  
post #37 of 249 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2008, 08:58 PM
MINI2 Senior
 
jon vital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Essex
Local Time: 03:54 AM
Posts: 600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
That's good, but the seats are a standard Recaro used in other cars also so I'm wondering what they would cost if bought from a retailer, or Recaro themselves rather than through MINI?
jon vital is offline  
post #38 of 249 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
JCW Fitted
 
JG02JSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Penwortham,Preston
Local Time: 02:54 AM
Posts: 327
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
Send a message via MSN to JG02JSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogan200 View Post
Yeah chris at woodman BMW (one of the mini2 sponsors) is doing the seats in Leather or Alcantara for £1525inc VAT. Thet retail at £1730 for leather of £1830 for alcantara so its a good saving. This doesnt include fitting though, and i believe some recoding of the seatbelt sensors is needed even if you fit them in the car yourself. (someone please correct me if i'm wrong).l think chris sasid on a dedicated thread to this somewhere that fitting would be £200 through him.
Chris always does good deals, but iam disappointed in mini for not including the seats as standard think its disgusting, also iam coming to the conclusion of why order a factory JCW and not the conversion ?? Does it come with the carbon fibre spoiler or not ??
JG02JSG is offline  
post #39 of 249 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2008, 10:15 PM
MINI2 Senior
 
jon vital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Essex
Local Time: 03:54 AM
Posts: 600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
Er, I think the car works out a lot cheaper than speccing up an S and adding the conversion.
jon vital is offline  
post #40 of 249 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
JCW Fitted
 
JG02JSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Penwortham,Preston
Local Time: 02:54 AM
Posts: 327
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
Send a message via MSN to JG02JSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon vital View Post
Er, I think the car works out a lot cheaper than speccing up an S and adding the conversion.
How do you work that one out ?? Rogans is costing him 26.5k coming from the factory have you specced an S up from the dealers then adding the conversion ?? Spec one up

JG02JSG is offline  
post #41 of 249 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2008, 08:55 AM
MINI2 Privilege Member
JCW time
 
Washy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: in the country
Local Time: 02:54 AM
Posts: 18,905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

England Male View Washy's Chili Red & Black 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile
   
I am glad the JCW seats don't come from the factory...the lack of height adjustment is a problem in our household....

BTW my converted S cost £26.5k so not that much difference...

2011 CR/B JCW Sadly gone but now with F56 S power
Washy is offline  
post #42 of 249 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Waiting for Works Clubman
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Local Time: 03:54 AM
Posts: 338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom
 
Problem is, you *can't* make a "factory works" out of the dealer-fit upgrades. Some bits can be done - like brakes and exhaust - but the factory Works gets a number of internal engine and gearbox modifications that go beyond the JCW tuning kits. Plus DTC can't be retrofitted (although arguably you could be better off with the LSD).

You could order a CHALLENGE car to get most of the upgrades, but that'll cost you quite a bit more. And I'm not sure that they're road-legal anyway.
ViscountCharles is offline  
post #43 of 249 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
JCW Fitted
 
JG02JSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Penwortham,Preston
Local Time: 02:54 AM
Posts: 327
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
Send a message via MSN to JG02JSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountCharles View Post
Problem is, you *can't* make a "factory works" out of the dealer-fit upgrades. Some bits can be done - like brakes and exhaust - but the factory Works gets a number of internal engine and gearbox modifications that go beyond the JCW tuning kits. Plus DTC can't be retrofitted (although arguably you could be better off with the LSD).

You could order a CHALLENGE car to get most of the upgrades, but that'll cost you quite a bit more. And I'm not sure that they're road-legal anyway.
Bigest part of the bit's can be done via dealer because eveything is aviable to order with regards to the internal engine and gear box mods that a different story becuase no one knows what they consist of might be nothing special but on the other hand and it could be. I would have LSD over DTC anytime but thats personal preference again. The Challenge car is not road legal but would be quailty if it was.
JG02JSG is offline  
post #44 of 249 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2008, 11:29 AM
MINI2 Senior
 
jon vital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Essex
Local Time: 03:54 AM
Posts: 600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG02JSG View Post
How do you work that one out ?? Rogans is costing him 26.5k coming from the factory have you specced an S up from the dealers then adding the conversion ?? Spec one up
JCW + Chilli = £22650

S + Chilli + autoaircon +bluetooth +darkened glass +better wheels +aero kit +JCW kit +brake kit = £dunno, but probably more than factory JCW
jon vital is offline  
post #45 of 249 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
JCW Fitted
 
JG02JSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Penwortham,Preston
Local Time: 02:54 AM
Posts: 327
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
Send a message via MSN to JG02JSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon vital View Post
JCW + Chilli = £22650

S + Chilli + autoaircon +bluetooth +darkened glass +better wheels +aero kit +JCW kit +brake kit = £dunno, but probably more than factory JCW
Here a quote i made earlier 25k

R56 Chili Red
Black Roof and Mirror Caps
Clth/Lea Carbon Black
Chili Pack
Auto Air Con
Multifunction S/Wheel
LSD
Sports Suspension
Chrome Line Interior
Black Bonnet Stripes
Darkened Rear Glass
Visibilty Pack
Auto Dim Interior Mirror
Anthracite Roof Lining
Colour Line Rooster Red
Interior Trim Piano Black
HiFi System

Dealer Fit Accessories

Carbon Fibre Areo Deffuser
Carbon Fibre Boot Handle
Cabron Fibre Mirrors
Carbon Fibre Scoop
JCW Carbon Spolier
JCW Body Kit
JCW Conversion
JCW 18" Black 105
Seal & Protect
Ipod Interface
Mini Trackstar
JG02JSG is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply
Tags: , ,


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just ordered some JCW Recaro seats for my JCW Tigercub Second Generation Interior & Ice 6 Aug 11th, 2015 03:14 PM
My 2004 MCS JCW - what's it worth Jonny3979 First Generation Works 6 Sep 11th, 2013 11:13 AM
My JCW GP2 Czar Second Generation Works 7 Jul 23rd, 2013 11:41 PM
R53 JCW vs R53 S r50NI General Discussion 2 Mar 2nd, 2013 07:42 PM
JCW Adventures & The Birth of a JCW AMAUTOS7 Second Generation Works 9 Nov 6th, 2012 07:57 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome