MTTS Review and Lessons Learned - MINI Cooper Forum

USA For USA National social and meetings discussion. Includes regional sub forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2006, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Privilege Member Has met Quack Quack Jack
Loves the Fuzzy One

Local Time: 04:15 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

United States Female

Send a message via AIM to AprilWhine Send a message via MSN to AprilWhine Send a message via Skype™ to AprilWhine
Thumbs up MTTS Review and Lessons Learned

Congrats MINIUSA on pulling off the most audacious MINI event ever! You win for time, distance, and just grandious concept.

Fuzzy and I started with the GP delivery in Monterey. Wow! I snivelled about the $2k charge for the event but I was sooooo wrong! It would have been worth doing at five times the price! Meeting the executives from MINIUSA in a social setting was amazing and when Jim McDowell introduced Kay Segler we went into overload.

But on to the road...

The kick off beach party was the best event we attended. Morning fog with cool breezes and beautiful CA beach setting gave it a magical aura that would be hard to top. Meeting Jeff Stracco as he handed out swag bags was a surprise, and I think he was surprised that I recognized him from driving the cabrio at the Dragon a few years ago. He's a cutie, easy to remember. The beach music fit with the setting and was loud enough to hear but quiet enough to allow conversations. Parking was adjacent and plentiful, allowing us to wander through and admire the cars too, always the prime feature of a MINI event.

Last night, we attended the wrap party in Jersey City. Having the NYC skyline in the background made for scenic photo ops. Jim McDowell was one of the people who made the entire trip and he looked healthy and happy. The VIP tent was a nice touch, kept us out of the sun. But the band was a bit too loud, we couldn't talk to the other MINI owners there. Parking was too far away to let us admire each others' cars, but that was to be expected in Jersey City.

All together, I am amazed at how well Trudy Hardy and RA Events did on staging this event. Well Done!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Sitting on a park bench..

Local Time: 05:15 PM
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United States View Aqualung's Indi Blue & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile

Nice to see that you did the entire event, and didn't peel off in Lost Wages.....sounds like you had a great time! We've been enjoying the event via Ian's daily postings....looks like it sure was a fun event!

Chris

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2006, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Privilege Member Has met Quack Quack Jack
Loves the Fuzzy One

Local Time: 04:15 PM
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

United States Female

Send a message via AIM to AprilWhine Send a message via MSN to AprilWhine Send a message via Skype™ to AprilWhine
Chris, we only did the ends. We had to take care of a few things with our house in Vegas, then drove back to VA in three days. We picked up MTTS again in DC. I really wish we had time to do the whole trip!

If anyone from MINIUSA reads this, my question is what car do we have to buy next year to do it again?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 2006, 03:03 AM
MINI2 Privilege Member
Grumpy Old Guy

Local Time: 02:15 PM
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United States View BlacknBlue's Indi Blue & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilWhine View Post
. . . what car do we have to buy next year to do it again?
A MINI!

Wishful thinking eh.

ponte trucha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in