Hello Mini Enthusiasts,
I am looking into starting a Mini Car Project with a tentative budget of less than 10K.
I was hoping that the mini enthusiasts community can help guide me on some initials choices and questions.
Here is what I would like to achieve.
- Build a daily driver that's fun to drive,
- Easy to maintain,
- Won't annoy the neighborhood or give a concussion from driving over our badly maintained roads.
- Can be driven in Canadian Winter (hardtop mainly I guess)
- Was aiming to achieve just a little over 200bhp
- Not aiming for a Tuner Rocket
Q1: Should I start with a 2003-2006 or 2007-2010 car? What are the advantages of either?
Q2: Should I start with a Cooper or Cooper S?
Q3: Would you recommend a car with higher mileage (130K - 200K) for the project?
Q4: What should I be looking out for or verify when choosing my starter mini?
Q5: Any recommendations for as what to start with first?
Once I get started, I will keep you posted.