MINI Cooper Forum banner

Mileage On Used Mini Coopers

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  magwa 
#1 ·
Hi there, I was sent here from The Mini Forum website - I am new to the forum and currently searching for a Mini Cooper.

My budget is about £5,000 and all the vehicles I'm looking at have such high mileage.

Is there a cut off that you would recommend not buying over for mileage?

It is 2002/2003/2004/2005 models that I am getting within this price range - the 2005 ones with super high mileage (100k plus)

Hope this makes sense...

#5 ·
Hi,

Don't be put off by higher mileage , look for service history and condition of the vehicle , a car with low mileage does NOT guarantee a trouble free car.

You may want to consider the later model mini has this won't have the midlands box which can give problems and a costly repair , personally I never ever spend my budget , I always buy below and leave some money in the pot just incase the worst happens.

I personally bought a 2002 mini one and it's not been trouble free at all but after getting work done and being able to mod her myself I now have in my opinion a fantastic little car that I will be enjoying years to come.

Good luck :)

#6 ·
I'm probably not the best person to answer that as I'm on my first mini also. However I would advise getting the facelift model as there were several styling changes and mechanical improvements made to the car (documented elsewhere). Seriously you shouldn't be looking at high mileage cars with your budget. 5k should get you a tidy average mileage post 04 model. A high miler wont retain any value when you come to sell

#7 ·
Average mileage these days is between 10000 to 15000 miles according to what insurers base their prices on so based say between at 12500 a 2004 car would have 100000 on the clock.
I wouldnt buy one with that sort of mileage on it myself.
If the 100000 has all been done by one or two known owners and you know how its been treated, the car looks good and its been properly serviced then the risks would be greatly reduced but buying one with that mileage thats had 10 unknown owners say, I dont think Id fancy it much.

#12 · (Edited)
Loads in budget of £5k

Well this year I've bought two inside that budget

04 with 51k FSH and mint for £3700 (private)

53 with 91k FSH and mint for £4250 (dealer)( auto)

Plenty out there and don't be scared of miles just make sure on SH and check the usual wheel/ tyres/ brake disks/ exhausts/ coolant ( for leaks)

Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.