2009 Cooper S EML/Fan problems - MINI Cooper Forum
Welcome New Members New members, please introduce yourself here. Tell us a bit about you and your Mini.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2019, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 04:19 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

2009 Cooper S EML/Fan problems

Hi all,

Looking for some advice.
I've recently got a 2009 Cooper S. A week later the water pump went so had that replaced from the garage I bought it off. Since then the fan will run constantly when engine off. After a journey if I turn the car off the next time I try to start it the car will just turn over on the first push and then start on the second. EML then comes on and it usually has a code stored P0117 P2F1A. Car seems to be holding back in 2nd and 3rd as well.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2019, 07:51 AM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearzy View Post
Hi all,

Looking for some advice.
I've recently got a 2009 Cooper S. A week later the water pump went so had that replaced from the garage I bought it off. Since then the fan will run constantly when engine off. After a journey if I turn the car off the next time I try to start it the car will just turn over on the first push and then start on the second. EML then comes on and it usually has a code stored P0117 P2F1A. Car seems to be holding back in 2nd and 3rd as well.
Any ideas?

Thanks
if you have checked coolant temp sensor and thermostat is all working fine,, have you at any time removed the two larger water pipes for radiator ie one is top one and the other is bottom depending on flow direction,, if these are connected the wrong way round it causes a air lock in the thermostat housing and makes the temp sensor sit in air and not water this causes the car to think its cold when should be g=hot and the other way around depending on how far driven ie how much heat is the rest of the system,

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	227999  

good tuners/repairs in southwest uk top guys 01579388980
good tuner/ecu body control clones etc lancaster up north uk DALE PHONE NUMBER 07807 222262 top guy.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2019, 07:53 AM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

you will also need to reset any eml codes after and re bleed the system big bleed screw on thermostat housing.. autocom cdp plus or wurth snooper good gear for it,

good tuners/repairs in southwest uk top guys 01579388980
good tuner/ecu body control clones etc lancaster up north uk DALE PHONE NUMBER 07807 222262 top guy.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2019, 02:14 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hmm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in