New Member. Leicester UK - MINI Cooper Forum

Welcome New Members New members, please introduce yourself here. Tell us a bit about you and your Mini.

2Likes
  • 2 Post By noggin

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2019, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 02:18 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thumbs up New Member. Leicester UK

Hi. My name is Neil. I'm a young 60 yrs old and just ordered my first 'new' Mini. I owned a Traveller in the late 70s which was actually an awful car! I had a 1275 for a few months but that was a shed as well!

I've been test driving a few small cars over the last 2 weeks including the Ford Fiesta Sti, Polo GTi, Audi A1, Fiat 595 Arbarth, mini Clubman and Mini 3 dr Hatch. The aim is relieve my 21 yr old Golf VR6 from daily duties. Of all the cars I tried the two Minis came out top. I loved the Clubman Cooper S but eventually settled on the 3 dr Hatch Cooper S Sport. I placed my order yesterday and expect delivery in six weeks time!

It'll be Solaris Orange with Black roof, mirrors and exterior trim.

I'll be after a bit of advice on Cat-back exhaust options when it gets here!

k8gale and Jackdaniel like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2019, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

I've changed my mind on the colour. The orange looked great under spotlights in the showroom but I don't like it so much in daylight. I changed the order to Midnight Black.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2019, 12:22 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

I've always bought from the "xxxx the resale value" end of the colour card where possible, but orange is a bit hard to live with on a daily basis I did say I'd never have a black car, but from seeing several Minis in black, it's growing on me...

How did you get on with the Abarth 595? My dad has expressed an interest in one as a 2nd/3rd car, personally I found they didn't have enough headroom for me & the styling is a bit too obnoxiously boy racer, but anything that makes him do less miles in a Honda Jazz has to be a good thing

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2019, 10:04 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Male

Garage
My seven-month-old Cooper 1.5 is white silver with a black roof. I considered a Fiat 500 but a TwinAir 105 hp. I am glad I went for the Mini. I do a highish mileage and the three-cylinder BMW engine will be much better able to handle it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in