New member - MINI Cooper Forum

Welcome New Members New members, please introduce yourself here. Tell us a bit about you and your Mini.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By freckeweg
  • 1 Post By mike1967

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2019, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 05:28 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi, I’m Frederick live in California. I have a yellow r56 fjcw and a red with white top r50 both Manual cars. I first got the r50 then I went on getting the r56 wanting more performance and comfort. The r50 has been so reliable to me compared to the r56, since I got the r56 it had trouble. I think it was mainly the maintenance history that it had not been up kept. Both are fantastic cars overall.

Jackdaniel likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2019, 12:31 PM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 05:28 PM
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckeweg View Post
Hi, I’m Frederick live in California. I have a yellow r56 fjcw and a red with white top r50 both Manual cars. I first got the r50 then I went on getting the r56 wanting more performance and comfort. The r50 has been so reliable to me compared to the r56, since I got the r56 it had trouble. I think it was mainly the maintenance history that it had not been up kept. Both are fantastic cars overall.
the r56 need to treat the timing chain as a timing belt of old ie needs replacing around 60k it sorts a lot of future problems out with engine running out of time it can damage things its just a must do way of owning one in my book,
in fact the alfa romeo 159 petrols also do same trick on petrols and its a known way that chain needs replacing every 60k on them as well its the price you pay for having a light low emissions powerful engine i guess or the stupid idea of the designer

freckeweg likes this.

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in