MINI Cooper Forum banner

Update on potential alloy wheel replacement under warranty...

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  R99 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all.

Well the car went for its first service today, and it seems to be running better than ever, so all good on that front.... :D

After my last thread: http://www.mini2.com/forum/wheels-t...s-under-warranty-pics-inside.html#post3053051

I just thought I would give an update.

I spoke to the service manager (really nice guy) about the wheel issue when I arrived, and he asked me to show the mechanic who was working on my car (the workshop was imacculate, and it was a tad strange seeing my car about 8 foot in the air in the middle of an oil change.)

The mechanic (again a really nice lad) said that he had allready spotted the problem, so it must have been fairly obvious to him aswell. With the car being up on the lift, it was easy to look at the wheels, looking at them we discoverd even more signs of the bubbling than I had orginally been aware of on the rims. :aargh::mad:

He spotted that one of the wheels had been refurb'd, but didnt mention anything else... so I pointed out that it had been done by their own bodyshop, to which he didnt seem concerned.

Anyway, he spoke with the service manager about it who has now said that wheel replacements require a visit from somebody at BMW, so when he is next due to visit I am going to be called, so that they can make a decsion on the alloys. :smile:

I would have thought that if they were going to refuse to consider replacing them, they would have done it there and then, with the knoweldge that 'one of them' had been refurb'd...withougt involving someone at BMW. However we shall have to wait and see. :puzzled:

But in the mean time I am keeping everything crossed, because as far as I'm concerned the problem is only going to get worse now that the bubbling has started...

Regards,

James.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for good luck wishes, I'm certainly hoping that I can get this resolved soon!

I've not had any word of when the person from BMW will be visiting yet though, I presume they must make visits at certain times of the month! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.