MINI Cooper Forum banner

Wheels on New PW Cooper D

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MINI&MERCGUY 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of advice.

Currently speccing a new Cooper D (trading in first gen Cooper S for something cheaper to run!!) and want a decent set of wheels on it.

I'm looking at the R99 in anthracite (on PW cooper) and want to know if the dealer will give me any money for the standard wheels and tyres fitted to the cooper as trade in against a set of R99's with tyres if I buy them when I order the car, and what sort of money are we talking about?

Also has the ride quality on 17" wheels improved on the second generation mini as its pretty hard and bumpy at times on my first gen Cooper S with run flats?

Cheers

#2 ·
they should. i had the same coversation with my local dealer the other week & they were prepared to offer £250 against a set of 15" blasters which come as std on a pepper-packed cooper or £400 against a set of 17" crown spokes. there is a brochure that shows the retail prices of all the std wheels. the dealers will offer the price they pay for them, which is around 17% less than retail, dependant on how popular that particular wheel is. best bet is to ask which ones they want to resell & order those to get the best trade in price

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.