MINI Cooper Forum banner

OEM wheels made by BBS?

6K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  R99 
#1 ·
Hi all.

Had two new tyres put onto the front rims today, and noticed while the alloys were off (Polished R99's) that they were stamped with the BBS logo and 'made in germany' on the inside of the rim.

I wasn't aware that they were made by BBS, do they make all of the MINI OEM wheels, or just a few? Might explain why the R99's are so ridiculously expensive!

I think they may also make the split rims for MINI. But what about bullets etc?

James.

#13 ·
Fair enough. They are dealer fit only though, so if you took it to another dealership then they wouldnt know they were second hand. ;) :confused:

I've just had all four of my polished R99's replaced this morning at Woodman MINI (which were put on the car before it went out on the road by MINI for the previous owner). Quite an expensive warranty claim, but they were starting to go south rather rapidly.

The car now looks as it should, and I couldnt be happier! :D

Regards,

James.

#14 ·
That's encouraging. I guess there's no harm in mentioning it when my car next goes in, along with the other things (if they have to replace the gearbox and wheels, it's going to be a really expensive warranty claim!).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.