MINI Cooper Forum banner

Opinions wanted. Should I swap my polished R99's for anthracite R99's?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ..Blackadder.. 
#1 ·
Hi all.

Well, 8 months after having my current polished R99's replaced under warranty, they have corroded again!! :eek:

After two sets it seems almost certain that a third set of polished ones will most likely corrode again. :mad:

Having spoken with my dealer (Woodmans) it might be a possibility to go for a set of anthracite R99's instead, in the hope that they will not blister like the polished variety.

I really like the look of the polished ones though, and I will be sorry to see them go. My heart says try another set (I still have 12 months warranty left, so if it happens again, I will then go for the anthracites) but my head says save the hassle and go for the anthracites now. :confused:

HELP!!

Regards,

James.

#2 ·
I have the same problem with my R105s! They have started to corrode due to some stone chips and so are not covered under warranty! As much as I love them I can't afford to keep getting them refurb and neither do I have the space for winter wheels. So I am looking at getting them painted!

Any way enough of me and back to your problem! I would go for the anthracite ones now. If the replacement ones only lasted 8 months, I can't see how you are going to make it to this time next year without needing to get another set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.