post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2019, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 05:23 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Norway Male

Garage
Mini mobiliy system Q's

Last weekend I had a puncture and used the Mini Mobility System.
Puncture was caused by a small but easily visible wooden screw. Didn't not remove it, of course.
Yesterday I delivered the tire to the local wheel shop to remove the screw and, if possible, fix the tire permanently.

I informed them that the slime stuff had been filled.
But when I picked it up today, I understood that my information had not reached the guy who had done the repair.
He had just plugged it as usual. (I have nothing against plugging, normally)

Question:
1. I have read somewhere that te slime stuff is water based, and that the tires must be cleaned inside, before it's fixed permanently.
2. Will the plug repair hold up as it is done now?
3. What if I got one more puncture? (not very likely, I know...) Can I fill in the slime stuff once more?

Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes form bad judgement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2019, 05:32 PM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 683 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by stale View Post
Last weekend I had a puncture and used the Mini Mobility System.
Puncture was caused by a small but easily visible wooden screw. Didn't not remove it, of course.
Yesterday I delivered the tire to the local wheel shop to remove the screw and, if possible, fix the tire permanently.

I informed them that the slime stuff had been filled.
But when I picked it up today, I understood that my information had not reached the guy who had done the repair.
He had just plugged it as usual. (I have nothing against plugging, normally)

Question:
1. I have read somewhere that te slime stuff is water based, and that the tires must be cleaned inside, before it's fixed permanently.
2. Will the plug repair hold up as it is done now?
3. What if I got one more puncture? (not very likely, I know...) Can I fill in the slime stuff once more?
its fine dont hurt it and yes can plug a tyre as long as with in the thread and not the side wall,, some tyres places are just fussy with having to lean something my local guy hates it makes a mess. i have had hundreds of 180mph bike tyres repaired before never had a problem

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2019, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Norway Male

Garage
As I said, I have nothing against plugging a tire.

My concern is if the slime inside the tire will make the plugging less reliable?
And how about roadside puncture fix in the future, with the old slime inside the tire?

Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes form bad judgement.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2019, 06:56 PM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 683 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by stale View Post
As I said, I have nothing against plugging a tire.

My concern is if the slime inside the tire will make the plugging less reliable?
And how about roadside puncture fix in the future, with the old slime inside the tire?
they would of cleaned and ground the area and clean drilled the hole for the plug, if they had not you would get out of their shop before having issue, they would changed the valve and give it a wipe out for sure, would not worry about it
stale likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mike1967 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in