R50 run flats - MINI Cooper Forum

Wheels, Tyres & Brakes
Find Sponsor products associated with this forum
For (almost) all things alloy, steel and rubber, plus upgrading your MINI's stopping ability

Sponsored by:

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2019, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 11:49 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Scotland Male

R50 run flats

Hi guys I have a 2006 R50 it’s in mint conditioning both the mechanic and the guy that fitted my new exhaust have said they’ve never seen one with an underneath in such amazing condition so it’s definitely something to be proud of! I currently have it running on 4 Pirelli P-Zero run flats however the front two are balding so they need replaced. Does anyone know a cheap place to find Pirellis because I want to keep them all the same but as much as I love the car 270 for two tires seems excessive! Thank you 😎

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2019, 01:12 PM
MINI2 Regular

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Garage
Go non runflat..... replace them all for the same money, improve the ride, live on the edge with a puncture repair kit to hand. (oooh danger )

P

Drink Hydrocarbons, Spit Fire
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2019, 01:13 PM
MINI2 Regular

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Garage
Go non runflat..... replace them all for the same money, improve the ride, live on the edge with a puncture repair to hand. (oooh danger )

P

Drink Hydrocarbons, Spit Fire

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 2019, 05:19 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi, I have an 09 plate mini cooper S, recently had my run flats replaced with standard tyres for an improved drive which has worked really well however I am having issues with the tyre pressure warning light. It was reset at the time but comes back on almost every time I drive. Unlike when I have had a flat tyre previously with the run flats, it does not require reseting to get rid of it, when I restart the car it has gone but then may come back on a day or so later. Taken it back to the garage who have checked for faults by running a diagnostic but nothing has shown up, they have reset it again but it continues to happen. Now that I don't have run flats and obviously don't have a spare wheel, I need to be able to rely on the warning light. Can anyone help?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 2019, 09:58 PM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 650 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyD View Post
Hi, I have an 09 plate mini cooper S, recently had my run flats replaced with standard tyres for an improved drive which has worked really well however I am having issues with the tyre pressure warning light. It was reset at the time but comes back on almost every time I drive. Unlike when I have had a flat tyre previously with the run flats, it does not require reseting to get rid of it, when I restart the car it has gone but then may come back on a day or so later. Taken it back to the garage who have checked for faults by running a diagnostic but nothing has shown up, they have reset it again but it continues to happen. Now that I don't have run flats and obviously don't have a spare wheel, I need to be able to rely on the warning light. Can anyone help?
check tyre pressures first off, also check all tyres are same size ie no one has accidentally put a 55 profile on a 60 profile set maybe, the car works out whether a tyre is flat by using the abs sensors and abs system for its readings,, ie a low/flat tyre has a smaller rolling area to it,, might be a abs sensor intermittent fault kicking it off,, not all software will detect deep p-codes dealer only so might need a dealer visit to cure it..
i would carry some tyre foam around in the boot just in case of punctures, link below for idea
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-x-Quick...2200a0d27987d8

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in