MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Basically i had a few problems with my MCS when i picked it up - nothing major, just niggles.

Anyway... BMW have come back to me with what i think is a fair compensation offer.

Either a cheque for £250 or mini accesories etc to the value fo £375.

And in short ive no idea what to choose - so i thought id throw it open!

Id like a little more power - so was thinking of asking for the JCW airbox and the centre armrest - works out at around £350 - so id ask for it to be fitted as well.

But happy to listen to what you guys would do?

Car is an 06 MCS if that helps, and the stereo is being changed this week anyway.

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Hey all,

Basically i had a few problems with my MCS when i picked it up - nothing major, just niggles.

Anyway... BMW have come back to me with what i think is a fair compensation offer.

Either a cheque for £250 or mini accesories etc to the value fo £375.

And in short ive no idea what to choose - so i thought id throw it open!

Id like a little more power - so was thinking of asking for the JCW airbox and the centre armrest - works out at around £350 - so id ask for it to be fitted as well.

But happy to listen to what you guys would do?

Car is an 06 MCS if that helps, and the stereo is being changed this week anyway.
Do you actually want any accessories or are you just having them for the hell of it? If you want them, obviously go for them, however, if not, just have the cash!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got quite a nice steering wheel in the MCS as it is - looks pretty similar to the works one looking at it!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the £ x million question!

I wanted the armrest anyway, and the JCW airbox is somehting ill prob add down the line, plus it has a 2nd hand value as well im guessing. Just not sure how much differnce it will make to the car!

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Thats the £ x million question!

I wanted the armrest anyway, and the JCW airbox is somehting ill prob add down the line, plus it has a 2nd hand value as well im guessing. Just not sure how much differnce it will make to the car!
Well I'd go for that - however, it won't be worth much if any more second hand with or without these options. The chances are you would never see your money from them, so it would be a case of do YOU want it, not do others want it.

If you want accessories and would buy them, get the vouchers - they're worth more in this case, however, if you would just have them for the sake of having them, get the cash - in this case cash is worth more!

;)

·
heavy foot = light wallet
453 Posts
well mate looks like you have answered your question. sounds like 2 good accessories that come to the value and you actually want! better to get £350s worth of accessories you would buy down the road than £250 cash.....

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
What problems did you have? And how did you go about asking for compensation, as I have a few with my car and £350 worth of accessories sound nice!!

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Take the accessories, £250 is only 5 tanks of petrol;)

Get the steering wheel, it might look the same but once you've driven with it you can't go back:)

You could even get the strut brace if you wanted, or aero side skirts maybe?

·
heavy foot = light wallet
453 Posts
ahh i prefer the outrageously expensive carbon bits. the wheel and the cf would come to the 350ish i reckon so why not :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts