MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just been quoted £250 for a standard Union Jack roof to be supplied and fitted on my IB/W Cooper S! :confused:

This was a bit more than I was expecting!!

Anyone know of a place in Surrey/Hants/Berks that is cheaper than this?

·
Girl Next Door...
1,191 Posts
That'll be Barons then ;)

Had the same shock myself :D

Most of the aftermarket vinyl is applied by a third party - try yellow pages and ask them if they are contracted by any local dealers.

·
Girl Next Door...
1,191 Posts
That's nothing compared to the £350 I was quoted for Vipers. Seemed like a good price - but the more I think about it, it's waaaaay too much.

Seriously, try the yellow pages and ask people what work they have done - it won't be long before you come across the one Barons use. Buy the flag only and get it fitted elsewhere.

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
ROOBRYJ said:
Yep it was Barons!!! LOL!!

They said it was £140 labour coz "they're difficult to stick on" ?!?!
Bloody hell !! Glad I fitted my own!! :eek:

·
Mr 120d Sport
4,610 Posts
Grings said:
That's nothing compared to the £350 I was quoted for Vipers. Seemed like a good price - but the more I think about it, it's waaaaay too much.

Seriously, try the yellow pages and ask people what work they have done - it won't be long before you come across the one Barons use. Buy the flag only and get it fitted elsewhere.
My dealer gave me the number of the guy they use for flag / stripe fitting.

For a two tone silver UJ + Bonnet stripes came to £165 supplied, fitted & with VAT.

It might be worth getting them to supply and fit, at least if there are any probs with the material, they can't just blame it on the BMW vinyl!

The guy who will do mine uses 7yr vinyl (as opposed to 5 yr that BMW use). Plus, apparently the BMW graphics use a white base vinyl, with the colours printed on top. He reckons that in time the base colour will begin to show through......he uses base colours that are not printed on, if you see what I mean?

Robert

·
Registered
295 Posts
Try my brother at www.autowrap.co.uk he does all types of roofs, and only uses 3M and Avery vinyls. These are good for 7 years, and he can finish the flags under the gutters, so you have no white borders.

Give him a call and tell him his brother in Australia recommended him.

He also has a few different designs on his site, but can do anything...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
alexpalex
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing