MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Back to the Fold
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Whats the cheapest you've managed to fill up your car for from empty, without stealing it of course.

Yesterday the range meter once again declared 0 miles til i ran out of fuel, the downside of an S. So being in a hurry i pulled into a BP station and filled the beast up with the bp ultimate, annnnny way the lady from the kiosk came running out and said they're changing the pump prices could i hang on, so thinking here we go they're going up again, I continued to fill the car up. Once full I replaced the nozzle checked the price and saw it had only registered £4.38 :confused:

Anyway the aforementioned dappy woman pointed out that the price per litre was showing 8..7 pence per litre or whatever it was as opposed to the correct figure, thinking this will be corrected when i pay, i went into the kiosk and the guy said that'll be £4.38 please, dumbstruck i was to the degree i couldn't point out the error he was making ;) and went back to the car a very happy bunny. To conclude I checked with a friend who owns a filling station who informed me that the garage must honour whatever the pump say's, something to do with weights and measures... Christmas arrived early in Cornwall

:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have just come back from working in Kuwait where I had a very thirsty 4x4 with twin 50 litre tanks. Before I left I took this to a filling station and filled both tanks from almost empty - so I put a 100 litres in (give or take) and it cost me .........

..... £14, couldnt believe it

·
International Merrymaker
426 Posts
On the other end of the spectrum, I once paid $70 US to fill my MINI, with exchange rates from Euro being what they are. :eek:

I used to have a HUGE car with a 20 gallon tank (less than 8 years ago) and never paid more than $20 US to fill it.

·
Gone fishing
413 Posts
Slightly off topic, but how much fuel is left when the range says 0 miles? The lowest I have dared to go is a range of 6 miles and managed to get 46 litres of petrol in the tank. Is it a 50 litre tank on an S? (Still havn't read the manual after 8 months)

·
Registered
728 Posts
joeinitaly said:
On the other end of the spectrum, I once paid $70 US to fill my MINI, with exchange rates from Euro being what they are. :eek:

I used to have a HUGE car with a 20 gallon tank (less than 8 years ago) and never paid more than $20 US to fill it.
LOL have you been to the UK? It currently costs around $87 to fill up a Mini! ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
mollyruss said:
Slightly off topic, but how much fuel is left when the range says 0 miles? The lowest I have dared to go is a range of 6 miles and managed to get 46 litres of petrol in the tank. Is it a 50 litre tank on an S? (Still havn't read the manual after 8 months)
I think I read somewhere that it's a 47 litre tank.

·
International Merrymaker
426 Posts
Mini Me GB said:
LOL have you been to the UK? It currently costs around $87 to fill up a Mini! ;)
Actually, the lovely exchange rate is one of the things that has kept me from making the trip. Wanted to go to Cotswold last summer, but the cost would have been huge! :eek:

·
Back to the Fold
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just checked a couple of sites that say it is a 10.9 (uk) gallon tank which equates to 49.5 litres.. thats your lot.

just for info the ------ came on for range left i had driven 2 miles like that and when filled her up it took 48 litres sooo hope that helps

:D :D :D

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,468 Posts
I haven't paid for petrol in about 2 years.

I have one of those terrible BP cards that bill my parents company :) Yes the last Clubmini run was a business trip. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I had to test the phone coverage using xyz phone antenna :D :D

·
International Merrymaker
426 Posts
brett said:
I haven't paid for petrol in about 2 years.

I have one of those terrible BP cards that bill my parents company :) Yes the last Clubmini run was a business trip. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I had to test the phone coverage using xyz phone antenna :D :D
If you need someone to test the card, er, antenna in Italy, let me know! ;)

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
when i was a hard up student, i used to just put a fiver in my car at a time as i was only going to supermarket and not many long trips. I filled up with what i thought was a fivers worth of fuel, but oddly enough the tank filled up completely, i looked at the amount of fuel and lo and behold it was a tank full. I was charged nearly a fiver for a full tank of juice. when i went back inside i just paid up, as thats what the guy asked me for. No idea what the price per litre was but it certainly wasnt what it said on the sign. guess u had a similar thing happen to you too mate :D

its nearly as good as opening as kitkat and finding instead a full bar of chocolate with no waifers there! :)

·
Mr 120d Sport
4,610 Posts
At a company I used to work at, we had a couple of Chevrolet Tahoe's for product development / fuelling tests.

The evening I took one home, I discovered that the tank was almost empty, so faced with a 60 mile run home I pulled in at the Services on the M6.

I filled the tank and to my astonishment discovered I had put £120 worth of fuel in!

And that was back in the days when fuel was 65p per litre........;)

·
Back to the Fold
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
scooperman_uk said:
its nearly as good as opening as kitkat and finding instead a full bar of chocolate with no waifers there! :)

you are definitely a man after my own heart...... live long and prosper :D

christmas wish.... HB/HB S with all the trimmings including full works kit aero kit, works seats........ please santa please

·
Registered
220 Posts
Now you won't have to sell!

This bargain rate was obviously specially arranged for you. The owner of the filling station must have read your thread that you were thinking of selling your Cooper.

So, keep going back to that BP station for fillups, and you may never be forced to sell! ;) ;)

I hope

·
Back to the Fold
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Shep said:
This bargain rate was obviously specially arranged for you. The owner of the filling station must have read your thread that you were thinking of selling your Cooper.

So, keep going back to that BP station for fillups, and you may never be forced to sell! ;) ;)

I hope
good to hear form you shep, thanks for all the gumph in the post and i have sent you something by return yesterday, enjoy :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.