MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law just received his MCS convertible and wants to mod every imaginable thing, engine, brakes, suspension, wheels, etc.

¿the question that I would like to do is which is the best available kit in the united states?, money is no problem for this guy and wants me to feedback on this issue.

Please help me to recommend a good kit.

Cheers

Ricardo
 

·
Cornish Boy
Joined
·
164 Posts
Only Joking - English Humor......

You could speak to GTT and get the tensioner etc. as I feel that this is vital and not part of any US Kit that I am aware of.

Roland might sell you a kit for US installation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where I can contact this gays?

Is it reliable at 8136.48 ft, does it works with 89 ron gasoline?????
 

·
Mini Mod
Joined
·
9,227 Posts
rica_roel said:
Is it reliable at 8136.48 ft, does it works with 89 ron gasoline?????
Reliable??
Yea but for how long and on 89RON you're going to lose a bunch.
You should make that very clear to whatever tuner you deal with. You'd need custom ECU mapping for that I'd imagine.
 

·
Happy Trudger
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
Check out Mini Madness's stage 4 conversion. http://www.mini-madness.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=182 I have it, and have done a lot of trackdays in my first 18 months, 36,000 miles. Click on the "One Lap of America" graphic and you see what I put my car through while winning our class at the event. That's reliabilty.

During the trip, I did a lot of high altitude driving, especially in California, Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota. I only started to run into problems at around 9,000 feet. Beartooth Pass, Big Horn Pass and the I-70 pass near Vail. Had to dump in an octane booster above 9K. As obehave said, you may want to make sure that the people that tweak your ECU are aware of the Mexico City altitude. Talk to George at Mini-Madness about it. He'll be glad to take your call (503) 466-6463. I may tweak mine a bit to make sure 10-11K is okay.

In addition to the stage 4 kit (15% pulley, for track), I have the Quaife LSD, Madness lightweigt flywheel, stage 3 clutch, camber plates, rear sway bar, H-Sport front sway bar, Leda external cannister coilovers, Stoptech big brake kit (front), Padgid pads (front), Powerslot rotors (rear), Ferodo 2500 pads (rear), stainless steel brake lines, Motul fluid, Polyurethane suspension and engine bushings, Madness skid plate, Nology wires, NGK/Denso cold plugs, a bunch of gauges, SSR Comp 17" wheels, various tires, Whalen shift knob, Madness short shifter, Schroth harnesses, PIAA driving lights (come off easily at the track), black mesh grill, smoked covered rear and side lights, smoked side markers and last but not least, one driver who is modding his driving as fast as he can to catch up with the car (neverending chase). :rolleyes:

I don't know if money was no object for me, but I acted that way. What do you want for a 56 year old going through his first childhood. I was a real newbie and had a lot of help from people on these boards and especially from George at Mini Madness. I have continued to rely on both for help. Feel free to PM me, if I can help.

This winter it will be the new water-air-intercooler, the just released oil cooler, and a larger radiator that will allow all these pieces to fit together. Into continued durability and reliabilty this time around.
 

·
Mini Mod
Joined
·
9,227 Posts
NearlyNN said:
Check out Mini Madness's stage 4 conversion. http://www.mini-madness.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=182 I have it, and have done a lot of trackdays in my first 18 months, 36,000 miles. Click on the "One Lap of America" graphic and you see what I put my car through while winning our class at the event. That's reliabilty.

During the trip, I did a lot of high altitude driving, especially in California, Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota. I only started to run into problems at around 9,000 feet. Beartooth Pass, Big Horn Pass and the I-70 pass near Vail. Had to dump in an octane booster above 9K. As obehave said, you may want to make sure that the people that tweak your ECU are aware of the Mexico City altitude. Talk to George at Mini-Madness about it. He'll be glad to take your call (503) 466-6463. I may tweak mine a bit to make sure 10-11K is okay.

In addition to the stage 4 kit (15% pulley, for track), I have the Quaife LSD, Madness lightweigt flywheel, stage 3 clutch, camber plates, rear sway bar, H-Sport front sway bar, Leda external cannister coilovers, Stoptech big brake kit (front), Padgid pads (front), Powerslot rotors (rear), Ferodo 2500 pads (rear), stainless steel brake lines, Motul fluid, Polyurethane suspension and engine bushings, Madness skid plate, Nology wires, NGK/Denso cold plugs, a bunch of gauges, SSR Comp 17" wheels, various tires, Whalen shift knob, Madness short shifter, Schroth harnesses, PIAA driving lights (come off easily at the track), black mesh grill, smoked covered rear and side lights, smoked side markers and last but not least, one driver who is modding his driving as fast as he can to catch up with the car (neverending chase). :rolleyes:

I don't know if money was no object for me, but I acted that way. What do you want for a 56 year old going through his first childhood. I was a real newbie and had a lot of help from people on these boards and especially from George at Mini Madness. I have continued to rely on both for help. Feel free to PM me, if I can help.

This winter it will be the new water-air-intercooler, the just released oil cooler, and a larger radiator that will allow all these pieces to fit together. Into continued durability and reliabilty this time around.

Geez Norm,, You forgot all about the antenna.
That'll slow you way the heck down. :rolleyes: :D

How's GT3 treating you.
They've delayed GT4 yet again. Pi$$er that :(
 

·
Happy Trudger
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
obehave said:
Geez Norm,, You forgot all about the antenna.
That'll slow you way the heck down. :rolleyes: :D

How's GT3 treating you.
They've delayed GT4 yet again. Pi$$er that :(
Obe, I thought if anyone would get a kick out of my insanity it would be you. ;) Thanks for the help along the way. I don't think I have ever sat down and listed everything at one time. Once I got started, I couldn't stop. Pretty scary, but hilarious. :eek: :D

Oh wait, I didn't include the black/red floor mats and shoulder belt pads. Oh, and of course the Valentine One radar detector. :rolleyes: Hmmmmm, there must be more.

Slow getting started on GT3, something about Christmas and "honey do" lists.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Since money is not an issue, I would start with the JCW and go from there...
Add a BBK, coilovers (or springs) get a nice set of light weight wheels (either 17 or 18 if you want to clear the brakes)

This package is powerful and extremely trackable.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks to all of you

I´ve all ready spoke with randy, and he is doing the work, we shipped the car to Colorado and right now is doing all kind of mods to the car, he told us the car should be finish in around 2 weeks, here is a list:


alta pulley
throttle body
alta intake
wms intercooler runners and manifold
wms intercooler
wms head and cam
millitek header and cat back
pilo coil pack
denso sparks
nology wires
uuc clutch and flywheel
quaife lsd
wilwood brake kit
powerslot rear rotors
stainless steel brake lines
ferodo ds2500 rear pads
leda coilovers
h sport rear competition bar
alta rear control arms
wms camber plates
ssr competition 18 inch wheels
alta short shifter
unichip

I think that is about all, I think its going to be a terrific car, what do you think guys. I expect to post some pictures when the job is done, I think randy is posting some pictures while working the car, I will let you know.

Cheers

Ricardo


Meani said:
Since money is not an issue, I would start with the JCW and go from there...
Add a BBK, coilovers (or springs) get a nice set of light weight wheels (either 17 or 18 if you want to clear the brakes)

This package is powerful and extremely trackable.

L
 

·
Best Personal Regards
Joined
·
2,022 Posts
As long as money is no problem, trade the sucker in for a Lamborghini Murcielago or any kind of Aston Martin.....both brands available in the USA..... ;)
 

·
Sullivan Racing
Joined
·
1,117 Posts
pocketrocketowner said:
As long as money is no problem, trade the sucker in for a Lamborghini Murcielago or any kind of Aston Martin.....both brands available in the USA..... ;)
I agree! No offense, but if money were no problem, I probably wouldn't be driving a MINI! Perhaps a Dodge Viper?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
they are also available in Mexico

pocketrocketowner said:
As long as money is no problem, trade the sucker in for a Lamborghini Murcielago or any kind of Aston Martin.....both brands available in the USA..... ;)
but we like the mini

and many more:

Alfa romeo´s
seat´s
rover´s
fiat´s
maserati´s
Renault´s
smart´
Peugeot´s


and many other brands that they are not sold in the states, but like I said we like the mini and this is a mini forum.

Cheers
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top