MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to collect my used F60 Countryman PHEV.
What should I expect to see in the “tool kit” and where should this be stored in the car?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Tool kit is minimal. As far as I remember, mine consists of a tyre pump and a can of sticky gunk. I can't even remember if there's a jack, as the car doesn't have a spare wheel.
EDIT: There is a little more: couple of spanners, jack (I think), bottle of oil. The kit is split into three zip bags which are stuffed into the net pockets on either side of the tailgate, and lift-up flap at the back of the boot floor. I might be able to post some more detail this evening, if nobody else beats me to it.

...Oh and not forgetting the regular mains-socket charger/cable and type 2 cable, both of which are pricy if you have to buy them. Check that both of them work before accepting the car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should that be TWO charging cables, one granny cable with 13 amp plug and the Public charging cable with the 7 pin plug?

The car I had on 48 hour test only came with a blow & go kit. I had to go back for the charging cable, nothing else was with the car, not even a locking wheel nut key!

I just need to make sure I get everything I should be getting. The car I’m looking at as a low mileage 68 Reg one which has been shipped up from another branch, possibly on the way some stuff may have gone missing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
They only come with the Granny charger, the type 2 you have to purchase.
Hope you enjoy the Phev as much as we do, they are great fun to drive and its really cool going a round town in silence.Its takes a bit of getting used to how everything works but once you do its fine.
Good luck.

·
Mini noob
112 Posts
Mine came with both cables in the trunk. The second one I received (after getting a total damage on the first one) also came with both cables (now I have 2 of each because they never asked me to return the cables with the damaged car).

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think this may be a market specific thing as I (for the first time ever in a car) received a first aid kit, warning triangle, puncture repair kit, locking wheel nut and a never used holder box for the mains charger cable. I bought the accessory charging cable which must be about the most expensive 4m of cable I have ever purchased!

·
Mini noob
112 Posts
Tip for type 2 cables: buy them from Tesla. Seriously, they are 50-70% of the price from other manufacturers. We've done that at the company where we have 6 charging parking spots and we decided to attached cables to all of them. Tesla cables were the cheapest.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry about not posting this earlier, but I have been away on holiday
With my MINII got a bag with the granny lead in it, & a manual in every language under the sun so it is quite thick!
I also got a bag with the compressor and tyre foam, underneath the compressor is the “tool kit”, a locking wheel nut key, a screwdriver a towing hook and that is it!
No wheel brace, no jack etc!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
R22 JGB
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing