MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While this has been discussed previously, the US mini website now has official 0-60 time for the Cooper at 8.5 seconds.

Cooper S is listed at 6.9 seconds as well - less than the previously quoted 7.2.

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
That seems right for the cooper, as my rough guesstimates (as time by a passenger) have been around 8.5s to 60...

Dom

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Mr T said:
While this has been discussed previously, the US mini website now has official 0-60 time for the Cooper at 8.5 seconds....
The 8.5 seconds time matches this month's Road & Track test, so perhaps MINIUSA is now going with that statistic as it has been independently verified.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
The reason they differ is because the 9.2 time for cooper and 7.4 for cooper s are the 0-62 times which I believe is equal to either 80 or 100 km/h (sorry can't remember which think it is 100)

James

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
Other variables

I assume you all took into account the gradiant of the road, the weather conditions, fuel, tyre pressure, and of course the accuracy of your timing instruments etc. when testing the 0-60 time as this can all have an effect.

I managed to get 7.9 0-60 in my cooper.

·
Registered
272 Posts
right i was just thinking- if the standard cooper was quoted as doing 0-60 in 8.5 secs, wot does the cooper works do it in??? previous i read that the standard cooper does it in 9.2 secs and cooper works 8.5 secs... i know it can all differ but can anyone tell me more??? :confused:

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
i'd say on average probably low 8's, perhaps high 7's... depending on conditions... but thinking about it, i can't see why 7.5 isn't possible

Dom

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
well those figures are only rough guesstimates from my personal opinion, but I'd say they're probably in that region. If we ignore the BMW figures that is, coz they're tested up Mount Everest or something ;)

Dom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts