MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone timed the One doing 0-60 yet? I haven't got round to it but I think it will be in the late 9's. It feels a lot faster than what the book says (0-62 in 10.9s)What do you think?

·
Registered
374 Posts
The only road test figures I can find comes from What Car October 2001. Surprisingly, they timed the Mini One at 11.0 seconds 0-60.

Given a number of magazines found the Cooper to reach 60 mph in 8.5/8.6 seconds (official figure 9.2 sec 0-62 mph), I would have expected a 0-60 time of 10.1 seconds for the Mini One.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I agree it does seem high. Motoring magazines use quite sophisticated timing and speed measuring equipment and use rather brutal techniques to achieve the times they do. How are you going to time yourself?

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Who cares what the 0-60 time is :confused: :confused:
Surely this isnt the main thing when buying a Car :confused:
I dont care its a MINI & it all about looking good :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
smiffy said:
Who cares what the 0-60 time is :confused: :confused:
Surely this isnt the main thing when buying a Car :confused:
I dont care its a MINI & it all about looking good :D :D :D :D
Sorry Smiffy but it is a bit lonely in this One section, tried to think of something to discuss. I have to agree with you though, the MINI looks good. It's got to be the best looking car on the roads at the moment.

I agree it does seem high. Motoring magazines use quite sophisticated timing and speed measuring equipment and use rather brutal techniques to achieve the times they do. How are you going to time yourself?
I won't be using anything technical, just a stop clock and a mate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts