MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, as title says I'm having some issues with fuel gauge on my mother's mini. I have read through online research and haven't came up with anything solid so I'm hoping someone can help me.

Fuel gauge is on the red led, range reads ---. I have done a dash reset, didn't help, I have stripped rear interior out to check the wires coming from the outside into the car and checked the earth connector there for corrosion, it's fine, pulled the covers off the tank and checked plug and wiring, ok.

When I use the dash test mode 6.0 is reading 08454, 6.1 is reading 00332 and 6.2 is reading --000 with a 3 for implausible signal.

Am at my whits end with this so any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
812 Posts
Break in the earth for the side which 6.2 represents. There’s a crimp joiner in the passengers footwell.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the passenger rear footwell? Under the carpet? If so that's the earth connector I've checked and it's fine 😥

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
fuel level senders can go on the Pish..

Only problem is it's part of the fuel pump!

And not cheap..
@JohnnyC had this issue except it was faulty on a new pump!!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
fuel level senders can go on the Pish..

Only problem is it's part of the fuel pump!

And not cheap..
@JohnnyC had this issue except it was faulty on a new pump!!
From what I remember, you can buy the fuel level sender without the pump, but you can't buy the pump without the level sender. Which is good
Removing fuel pump is quite straightforward

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all

I've got a issue with my 2004 Mini regarding the fuel gauge. Sometimes it will show 4 yellow lights then other times it will just jump to the red empty light. I was wondering if you guy's could help me out. I had it plugged into the diagnostics and it came up with tank sensor 2. I was told this was the one attached to the filter so changed the whole unit. This didn't solve the problem and so I changed the other level sensor on the pump as well but still have the same problem. As you can imagine costs are mounting and would really appreciate your help on this matter.

Regards

Cooperone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts