MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While checking power to wiper motor (wipers stopped working) seem to have compiled a starting issue afterhand... car runs great after being started with clutch and flashing cruise control light when pressed.
All fuses, relays, clutch safety switch and starter are good... Starter has constant power but primary not sending power when turned over. Key Fab is fine.
Opinion on what to check next! Ignition switch or immobolizer unit... Or hopefully not the BCM? Also could it really just need the battery to be relearned since it was disconnected for work? Any advice is much appreciated my fellow mini clan!

· Registered
13,577 Posts
While checking power to wiper motor (wipers stopped working) seem to have compiled a starting issue afterhand... car runs great after being started with clutch and flashing cruise control light when pressed.
All fuses, relays, clutch safety switch and starter are good... Starter has constant power but primary not sending power when turned over. Key Fab is fine.
Opinion on what to check next! Ignition switch or immobolizer unit... Or hopefully not the BCM? Also could it really just need the battery to be relearned since it was disconnected for work? Any advice is much appreciated my fellow mini clan!
if no power to the small cable to starter solonoid or as you put it the primary i would be thinking immobiliser fault, might be worth locking car of fob and leave for 5 minutes let it go sleep then unlock and try it right away, might just find car has been unlocked and battery disconnected and has lost where its at will the immobiliser,

· Registered
13,577 Posts
Or I can also check plugs to the bcm if that's a possibility for the problem.
yep you would check anything and everything before going down the most expensive things, trouble is thats a common problem it would seem and more times than not ends up being a bcm on gen 1 and CAS unit on gen 2,
start with multimeter at started somoinod wire see if have voltage when turn key, then trace that wire back to fuse box with wiring diagram prob mini only to get it, work out what live pin in fuse box for that solonoid wire see if have voltage at fuse box and relay as well, keep looking for a voltage when find a voltage you know that what is next from where find volts and where dont is where the problem is, can be a proper nightmare

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.