MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I guess some others are having leaky roof problems too.
Mine seems a bit different.
I get water down the inside of the windscreen which fills up my tax disc holder (nice soggy tax disc).
I have also had it drip from under the sun visor.
Some threads pointed to the arial seal, but doesnt seem to be anything visably wrong with it.
I can't park the car facing down hill when it rains because its even worse then.
I have also had some leaks under the passenger door.

Anyone come across this and fixed it?

I'm thinking of writing to MINI as in my opinion its unacceptable that the seals should fail in less than 3 years (25k miles).

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Has your car had a replacement screen at any point? Maybe its not been fitted correctly?

Do you have the MINI sticker top left of the screen saying ACHTUNG!! etc... if not then there is a chance its not the original screen.

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
I'm thinking of writing to MINI as in my opinion its unacceptable that the seals should fail in less than 3 years (25k miles).
You can try, but it won't get you any where ;)

It is precisely these situations that the warranty is there for.... it is a guarantee that if any part fails inside the first three years it will be fixed free of charge. It is not a guarantee that the product will not fail.

There have been a few reports of the front roof seal leaking - the seal between the roof and the body. As Rakey said, it could also be the windscreen, or windscreen seal.

If its worse when parked downhill on a slope though, my betting would be roof seal. There is a gap of between 5mm and 10mm at the front of the hood with the seal sitting in. If its leaking, water will come in behind the top windscreen trim (where the roof buttons are) and then run down the screen.

Your dealer will be able to diagnose this easily with the good old hose test, and should be good as new with a new seal fitted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts