MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's, this the first time I've had a Mini, and I love this car. But I'm having problems with both front seats they are reclined and won't come to an up right position. I heard the seats could be reseted, but I don't know how to do this. I'm a veteran and have back problems but this is the only car I have and if I can fix this problem I'll be good to go. Please if anyone can help I would appreciate it very much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. Both seats will go forward but when pushed back it locks half torwards the back but not in the first or second notch.

·
Registered
278 Posts
There is a handle on the seat near the handbrake that you can pull to set the angle of the backrest, can't believe both seats have broken. Case of pulling it and setting the desired angle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shep61 thank you for the reply, but believe it or not both handles when pushed down or up don't do anything, it's like they're not locking in place. The only handle working is the ones closest to the doors, that makes the seat drop forward. I appreciate your replies, please. If anyone has anymore suggestions please send them my way. Have a blessed day.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The inner handles should allow the seat backs to recline when pulled up. On my car they only really work when I sit in the seat and put some weight on the seat back first.
If the handles don't work, my guess would be that there's a problem with the cables running from the handles to the locking mechanism. Hopefully just a case of disconnected cables rather than anything broken. It'd probably be easiest to take the seats out of the car to investigate/repair whatever problem you might find. Although I find it strange that both seats would break at the same time.
Please post to let us know what you find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts