MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a bit of advice and feedback, i have a two week old 05 MSC with the new boost head unit and today it wouldnt play MP3s or CDs on the way to work, the temperature was 2.5 degrees (not especially cold)

The drive was 25 mins long and it still wouldnt play my MP3 disc by the time i got to work, all i got was 'CD CHECK' then 'DISC ERROR'. On the way home (temp 3.0 degrees) it wouldnt play MP3s so i tried an audio CD and this wouldnt play either, same errors as above, about ten mins in i managed to get it to play the audio CD.

I have had CD players in all my previous cars (factory fit and aftermarket) and have never experienced this before. The only time i have had CDs not playing is when the temperature has gotten really low, e.g. well below zero. Also, in the morning the car is garaged, so its not sitting out in the cold, it does have some protection from the cold.

Is this normal or do i have a duff head unit?

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
Sounds like the h/u might be faulty. My 05 Boost skips cd's after about 30mins. Just turn it off for a few minutes then works fine.

Getting it replaced although there is around a 6 week wait for these units.

I cant figure out why there is such a long wait as they obviously have loads at the factory ready for new built cars.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CDs were in the car (MP3 disc already in head unit), might try bringing 'warm' discs from the house tomorrow.

On the way home today the temp was 6 degrees and it still wouldnt play my MP3s, it was playing the same disc last week with no probs, i am now leaning towards a knacked head unit as a root cause.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.