MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mum has an O5 Cooper S Convertible which will be out of Warranty in June.

They have had the letter through offering them to extend it for an extra £400 or so.

She has had pretty much trouble free motoring for the first 3 years and so I said its probably not worth extending it as its such a lot of money.

But after having a deeper thought about it, and reading about problems with roof's not folding back properly, and clutch fly wheels going on the cooper s's, I'm thinking maybe they should extend for a year.

To extend, or not to extend? That is the question...

·
Registered
38 Posts
HI,

considering you haven't suffer any problems until now (so no money spend), i will choice the extend garantee to be cool at all.

But it's only my opinion, i baught my sidewalk directly with extend garantee...so

·
MINI2 Regular
112 Posts
My mum has an O5 Cooper S Convertible which will be out of Warranty in June.

They have had the letter through offering them to extend it for an extra £400 or so.

She has had pretty much trouble free motoring for the first 3 years and so I said its probably not worth extending it as its such a lot of money.

But after having a deeper thought about it, and reading about problems with roof's not folding back properly, and clutch fly wheels going on the cooper s's, I'm thinking maybe they should extend for a year.

To extend, or not to extend? That is the question...

I will have the same dilemma in September when my MCSC warranty expires. It is a lot of money to shell out on top of hefty insurance and rising tax/fuel etc. I am really unsure whether to take a gamble as I will probably trade mine in late next year or to play safe.

:confused:

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Please check carefully what is and is not covered by the warranty first! And then consider that there are other after-market extended-warranty insurances - you should get a quote from one of them to compare

Also, is the warranty transferrable? You may choose to sell the car, so having a warranty you can pass on to the buyer could make a difference....

Ian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts