MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on mini.com and in the advertising literature that the arm rest portion of the interior door handle has been redesigned with more ergonomic consideration. Has anyone made a comfort comparison. More importantly, does anyone know if the new door handle will fit in the door or pre-05 models? Probably a question better addressed to the dealer, but I haven't queried them yet. Thanks.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Having spent considerable time and miles in an '05 model interior and obviously many more in the "old" version, overall I much prefer the old design. The new design does work slightly better as an arm rest, but seeing as I drive a manual I don't really rest my outside arm, as the other arm is called into action more often to change gear. On the storage side, it's a pain in the backside, once you put something in there, it's a pain to get out. It looks a bit better because of the curves, but overall, I think it's a bad move. But those who like to drive one armed might disagree.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I tried to remove that part and it is heat staked on to the door insert from what I could see. And the oval insert is heat staked to the door panel...so you would have to drill out the plastic and when remounting you would then have to rig it a bit...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts