MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,iv'e just purchased a JCW carbon fibre 3 peice dash set for my 05 JCW,has anybody got any idea on how to remove and reinstall the dash,would be much appreciated ,thanks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hi Ian,
Its very straight forward and easy. Each section is held in with clips so gently pull out the centre section first then the two outer sections where the air vents are as the centre section sits over these two. Then do the reverse putting the new dash in. Only takes a few minutes to do and is a great interior upgrade. Use something plastic with a flat edge if you have trouble prying it off.
Good luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Ian,
Its very straight forward and easy. Each section is held in with clips so gently pull out the centre section first then the two outer sections where the air vents are as the centre section sits over these two. Then do the reverse putting the new dash in. Only takes a few minutes to do and is a great interior upgrade. Use something plastic with a flat edge if you have trouble prying it off.
Good luck!
hi mate, easy job as previous job. While you are at it put some freeze over the clips on the back of the new trim and also the surfaces which touch. I spent ages tracing rattles and sqeeks on my wifes cooper to this trim bits. A bit of grease over everything which touches stopped 80-90% of the car rattles.
Good luck

Hoojkel - I see from your avatar you are in Belfast. Just saying hi, I to am from Belfast.
Paul

·
Registered
476 Posts
hi mate, easy job as previous job. While you are at it put some freeze over the clips on the back of the new trim and also the surfaces which touch. I spent ages tracing rattles and sqeeks on my wifes cooper to this trim bits. A bit of grease over everything which touches stopped 80-90% of the car rattles.
Good luck

Hoojkel - I see from your avatar you are in Belfast. Just saying hi, I to am from Belfast.
Paul
How's it going mate, what kind of mini do you have?

·
Registered
37 Posts
opps sorry, previous post should say grease and not freeze - blame it on the iphone!!!

We have a facelifted 04 (dec) silver cooper, its my wifes so i only occasionaly get to drive it.
Bought it about a month ago and loving it - first MOT on fri so fingers crossed. What about you, what type are you driving - no doubt our paths have or will cross on the roads

cheers
paul

·
Registered
476 Posts
opps sorry, previous post should say grease and not freeze - blame it on the iphone!!!

We have a facelifted 04 (dec) silver cooper, its my wifes so i only occasionaly get to drive it.
Bought it about a month ago and loving it - first MOT on fri so fingers crossed. What about you, what type are you driving - no doubt our paths have or will cross on the roads

cheers
paul
Got an '05 DS/B JCW Cooper S 210bhp which I only really drive at the weekends mostly, needs a wash though after all this rain. Good luck with the MOT mate, hopefully everythings ok.

·
Registered
954 Posts
You need to undo the torx screws that holds the rev counter in place... (they are behind the rev counter IIRC) This will release it and the holding plate underneath it... This will allow you to remove your old dash piece and replace it with the new one

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks, i'll have a look tomorrow morning.

Cheers

Matt

You need to undo the torx screws that holds the rev counter in place... (they are behind the rev counter IIRC) This will release it and the holding plate underneath it... This will allow you to remove your old dash piece and replace it with the new one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts