MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, is it possible to remove the RED fog light and replace this with an older CLEAR/WHITE reverse light, but fit a red bulb :confused:
When it's off it looks white, but when the fog light is switched on it shows red :D

Is the fitment of the red/clear unit the same :confused:

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Yeah only remembered after posted.
MikeytheMINI has re wired a Convertible so the White lights can be fitted on to the Back :)
But changing the bulb is the easiest-you could even get a Chromed Red Bulb to go in there. Approx £4 off ebay.

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure a 21W red bulb would be bright enough :D Or as interceptor just said as I was typing this, a chrome/red one :D (he only put that to prove he is actually awake :p )

With that in my bumper, clears at each side and a smoked 3rd brake light (black roof :) ) it would be very :cool:

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
tnoy66 said:
I'm sure a 21W red bulb would be bright enough :D Or as interceptor just said as I was typing this, a chrome/red one :D (he only put that to prove he is actually awake :p )

With that in my bumper, clears at each side and a smoked 3rd brake light (black roof :) ) it would be very :cool:

Yeah sounds about right! :p

You will have to Patent your idea-Show us some pics if you get it done! :)

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pics will appear when I get done :)
I'm just trying to get everything in place now, so when I do get my MINI I can sort it quickly :D

So does anybody know if the 05 foglight is the same fitment as the pre05 reverse light :confused: anybody :confused:
If you tell me I'll give you first look :p I promise :D

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Fimtment is the same - I have a chromed red bulb in my reverse light. 21w is the official power for fog bulbs.
Looks great in my car as it looks light blue when off - just like EB
:)

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mikeythemini said:
Fimtment is the same - I have a chromed red bulb in my reverse light. 21w is the official power for fog bulbs.
Looks great in my car as it looks light blue when off - just like EB
:)
Cheers Mikey :)

Save me a set of rear clears for Feb please :)
I'll need other bits too, I'll contact you nearer time :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts