MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I LUV my MINI
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Did a quick search but couldn't find info I'm after. What I would like to know is....

Does the 05 MCS have a different ariel, by this I mean I know they have gotten rid of the shark fin I'm talking about the thread size where the ariel screws into the base. It's just I saw an Alta stumpy ariel on MINI Speeds web site but it states that it will not fit 04 on cars.

What options do I have for the fitment of a shorter more attractive looking ariel. Any pics or web links appreciated. My cars at the dealers pick her up on Thursday but just hate the look of the ariel.....it's looks like a flagpole :D

Any advice help greatly appreciated.......Thanks guys ;)

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,468 Posts
No, Shark Fin is with the Phone prep. ... I hope because thats whats on order for me..

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
When your at the dealers try screwing a 04 aerial in to a 05 base. If it fits I can’t see a problem.

Brett

Bad news mate :( if it is a 05-model shark fin gone and they now use an integrated aerial. Ie radio and phone and sat nav all in one unit…(well it is a bigger base, have a look around here and you find a pic of one)

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,468 Posts
:( :( :( :( :( so at least I don't have to worry about the wires in the rear side windows then :confused: :confused: :confused: where the antenna used to be??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got my new MCS and, after the BMW dealer refused to fit the roof decal (Welsh flag and they saidthey could not becuase it was too difficult!), I have been looking around the threads and reading how to fit etc.

I realise I have to get the roof aerial mounting off but it does not seem to twist off as suggested elsewhere and the mounting seems a different shape.

Is this becuase the MCS '05 is a different mounting - and if so how do you get this off so I can fit my flag?

Any assistance welcomed
:red:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.