MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I left work this afternoon, I noticed that my windshield is cracked - top center, about 6 inches long. :(

I don't think it was there when I went to lunch.

Anyone have any idea if this would be covered under warantee, I've only had the car about 60 days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, there are no stone chips anywhere on the windshield.

It looks like it may have started at the very edge of the glass, and is making it's way towards the center of the windshield.

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Don't see why you wont be able to Take it to the dealer then and advise you want it replacing under warranty as it has possibly been caused by a Stress Fracture?
There is not Chips on the Windscreen so it rules that out that it was caused by that, no other explanation for it?

·
22,000 miles since 11/'04
4 Posts
Sounds like a typical stress crack that have plagued the Mini for the last few years. You can always do the ballpoint pen test and if you don't find a rough spot where a stone might have hit, then call Mini, in fact call them anyway.

They're used to getting these calls all the time :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I payed my dealer a vist over lunch today. They are going to replace the windshield and give me a loner MINI for the day that they need to keep it. :cool:

I'm used to getting stress fractures in my legs, but not in my windshields. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.