MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to my dealers today to check on delivery of my works mcs and he said they had a 05 works kit in stock an it worked out about £30 cheaper than the old one. Maybe something to do with the same supercharger?
 

·
...where´s the any-key?
Joined
·
23,182 Posts
cuprar said:
went to my dealers today to check on delivery of my works mcs and he said they had a 05 works kit in stock an it worked out about £30 cheaper than the old one. Maybe something to do with the same supercharger?
Interesting....they're early.

They still replace the Supercharger. Did he say what the kit consists of?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i was really in a rush at the time i had a call and had to go, sorry didnt realise about the supercharger thought i read something somewhere will try and get some info tomorrow i also was told that they wouldnt be ready untill end sept but he did say the part no's appeared last week and he had ordered mine
 

·
...where´s the any-key?
Joined
·
23,182 Posts
cuprar said:
no i was really in a rush at the time i had a call and had to go, sorry didnt realise about the supercharger thought i read something somewhere will try and get some info tomorrow i also was told that they wouldnt be ready untill end sept but he did say the part no's appeared last week and he had ordered mine
Cheers.:)

Rob BMW have to fit them.
 

·
003 On a Mission
Joined
·
4,239 Posts
cuprar said:
went to my dealers today to check on delivery of my works mcs and he said they had a 05 works kit in stock an it worked out about £30 cheaper than the old one. Maybe something to do with the same supercharger?
:red: :red: :)

Any news on upgrade for existing Works owners??????:)
 

·
Half a dent
Joined
·
1,413 Posts
S works kit

Which dealer-so I can phone them!
What part number so failing this I can order one!
How much?
How many bhp?

Please Please!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry been really busy all day going away tomorrow so will find out more when i get back
 

·
Half a dent
Joined
·
1,413 Posts
Works kit is:

The same price as previously (more or less)

Power up to 210bhp (170 Standard)
Torque up to 245 Nm (220)

There are 140 kits available at present for the UK
There is no part number
Dealers have been instructed to order manually as first come first served and not to market actively

I hope they've reserved mine already! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
I've got to add to this, I've just spoken to Chris at JCG and there is no (official BMW approved) Works 210bhp kit. They are in talks with BMW to provide an upgrade to the 170bhp MCS but in his own words these things take a long time as they have to go through the full BMW approval process. They expect the changes will not differ to the major components currently replace i.e. Head, supercharger and exhaust. They will be software changes and they should be available to existing JCW owners. JCG intend on writing to owners of cars that they have upgraded, advising them when the upgrade becomes available but we are talking months away.
 

·
Half a dent
Joined
·
1,413 Posts
JCG works

The above comes from an entirely dependable (BMW) source
You may well be right
Nevertheless I have asked my dealer to order me one. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Ordered the JCW at the same time as the new 05 MCS in April and I am waiting to get it retrofitted when it arrives.

Will check with the dealer again tomorrow and mention the info in Rentagas's e-mail and say what they say..

Already paying for it so it would be good to get it fitted asap...

Nice review of 25,000 mile MCS Works long term review in this weeks Autocar.
The picture of the JCW exhaust set me off again...
 

·
Half a dent
Joined
·
1,413 Posts
MCS_LecBlue said:
Ordered the JCW at the same time as the new 05 MCS in April and I am waiting to get it retrofitted when it arrives.

Will check with the dealer again tomorrow and mention the info in Rentagas's e-mail and say what they say..

Already paying for it so it would be good to get it fitted asap...

Nice review of 25,000 mile MCS Works long term review in this weeks Autocar.
The picture of the JCW exhaust set me off again...
Yes suggest they look at their emailed bulletins from mini............... from the 25th or 26th of July. Just a hunch mind you:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Just spoke with the dealer who confirmed the details rentagas posted, in terms of bhp and torque.

Limited number will be available.

BMW are accepting orders for the new JCW kit by the dealer from the 2nd of August onwards.

Should know more at the end of next week in terms of order numbers etc
 

·
MINI SPONSOR
Joined
·
329 Posts
Congrats to all>

Question:I understand about the cylinder core charge.
But, why are the changing the supercharger, The new 2005 has the same coating on the SP. I thought as JCW .
It would not seem that they are not putting on a new designed supercharger. Just the same as last year. Which is the same as the one you have right now.
Also is there a core charge for that also. If no take the supercharger back. Big market for them.
Where have I gone wrong in my thinking? I shoot from the hip Old western expression.
 

·
Wandering....
Joined
·
40,849 Posts
JCW are still saying nothing...........:confused:

Had an e-mail from Paul Cooper saying 05 kits are going out to BMW Germany in about 4 weeks time, for distribution through their global parts system? :confused:
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Top