MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's one of my own models that I've repainted

Pepper white/ Black. Full bare metal repaint and fully carpeted (Doner model Miasto 1/18)

The Doner model was a BRG Cooper

All paint removed

In primer

Top coat on

Interior fit out

Building the model back up

All finished!

·
Registered
28 Posts
What an excellent job you have made of that. Until I saw it propped on the tube I thought it was a much bigger model looking at all the detail. That interior with carpet is superb. Was thinking of getting a model of our Cabriolet, but couldn't find any in right colour, never thought of painting one and stripping down.

·
Registered
305 Posts
That's a very nice job you have done.

I'm currently building a replica of my R53 MCS Works, but struggled to find a suitable donor model at 1/18th scale with the correct 'S' spoke wheels and wasn't prepared to pay the price of a suitable collectable donor model.

However at Christmas I found a Next Directory plastic RC model on ebay which is 1/18th scale and a correct Gen 1 R53 shape with the right wheels. Bought it for £10 delivered and it has stripped down really well. All the small exterior details like mirrors and rear spoiler are easily removable.

The only problem I have with the repaint is the intercooler bonnet scoop which is simply moulded into the bonnet (not removable) and my own car has a different colour scoop to the main body! So a bit of very careful brush work will probably be required to paint this

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Its very satisfying to see the models coming to life. I'll get some more pics up later of other Mini's I have re painted :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Love the models Sean! Attention to detail is amazing. I always try and get a 1.18 scale of the car i own for in the house plus a small 1.43 scale (all done to replicate my own car) to go on the dashboard. Have iredered a 1.43 just waiting on it coming but will need a repaint as cant get them in my cars colour. Really want a 1.18 to do but cant find a gen 2 cooper......all seem to be gen 1 mc/mcs or gen 2 mcs. Whats the average price you paid for yours as im seeing them go from £30 all the way to £140!

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Average price I paid was about £20 then the same again on paint and materials

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Around £20 sounds good! I had a Honda Civic typeS 2011 and a 2008 civic TypeR before the mini, and for one TypeR model 1:43 scale I paid £70! Yes, they saw me coming! Lol Just got the mini cooper model 1:43 for £7 on eBay so can't wait till it arrives!

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Around £20 sounds good! I had a Honda Civic typeS 2011 and a 2008 civic TypeR before the mini, and for one TypeR model 1:43 scale I paid £70! Yes, they saw me coming! Lol Just got the mini cooper model 1:43 for £7 on eBay so can't wait till it arrives!
For many years I used to make code 3 models on buses and every model was bespoke. You will instantly recognise this model and its the only one I ever made in this livery and actually one of the last models I ever made and it also has interior detailing including a hopper and wayfarer and correct adverts on cab door/ floor etc!

726 was the first of the batch so this was the vehicle modelled.

I also worked with this company for a while, driving this bus at the weekends and made 5 models based on 2 identical vehicles they had in the fleet at the time for the directors. I gave 2 models to the company, one to a mate, sold one on ebay to cover costs and retained one for my collection lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Haha, do indeed recognise the LRT bus! My best mate who died from cancer a month ago worked at Marine. Used to let me on for nowt lol. Love the detail on those mate, you must have ocd like me! Lmao

1 - 14 of 14 Posts