MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mini 2008 hatchback 1.6 petrol automatic, which it have 67,000 miles on the clock. Yesterday start my engine while it was cold, I have noticed the idle went above 1,100rpm but it did not go down round 900rpm after warm up. The engine runs like jerk the idle up and down rapid it still same at when the engine is warm.

There is no error code!
I have put new spark plugs still rough.
Fit new Ignition Coil still rough.
Cleaning air mass meter still rough.

What else? I hope it is the solenoid that is front right of the engine bay because it is £47 that is what I saw on Youtube.

Do you guarantee this is the faulty? I don't want to waste more money if it doesn't work.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
you say no fault codes what are you scanning it with, p-codes are dealer only not many cheap scanners will read them,, autocom cdp plus and wurth snooper or insta d or carly app will to some degree i have been told, would do compression test on it, at 67l its in realms of needing timing chain if not done already, also the rocker cover pcv valve have habit of going screwy cause idle issues,, need liva data runs see what doing what to evev begin to understand whats going on and why,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This morning I have pay £75 for my auto electric to diagnostic after I fit a new air mass meter when it was not work. The man said there is no code like P0014. He thinks it is something do with VVT I think it is variable valve timing so the solenoid is what I mean it sound I was right and I have order hopefully it cure it.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
the vvt has a steppa motor no solenoid, the vanos sprockets have solenoids when go fault will throw timing fault codes will also throw upsteam 02 sensor plausibility code as well most times than not. if no codes stored more likely to be a compression related or maybe valve leaking very common on them so is timing chain stretched with those miles, solonoid valve controls the timing on that camshaft via the ecu, but if chain stretch will run but retarded no power wont rev all way freely, if valve issue they misfire on that cylinder run on 3 cylinders, also if oil pressure is low will also cause same things,, the vvt is high lift for inlet valves when these get worn the engines will sound rattly

Reactions: NurseDaddy
1 - 4 of 4 Posts