MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Have one week till I have to lock in the spec's on our new cool blue cabrio that we will be here at the end of September. (Can't wait) :) Any suggestion on what you current owners like , do not like, or wish you had ordered? We have concers with the leather seats as we have seen some posts that they are not worth the cost.

Current Spec's- Cabrio Cool blue with balck top, sport package, cold package, leather seats w/blue inserts, chrono pack, Harmon Kardon sound system , anthracite interior and trip computer.

Any suggestions would be helpful- Thanks Dan

·
Registered
930 Posts
Personally I would probably go for the blue top, but there is nothing wrong with the black top :).

Is this an MC or MCS?

We have about 1 week to lock also and have an MC Convertible with these specs: Purple Haze, black roof, black leatherette, sport seats, Harmon Kardon system, 16" wheels, multi-function steering wheel, and chrome line exterior.

We'll probably add the cold weather package too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MC is ordered

S2000cooperS,
Thanks for the post suggesting the blue top. Added the multi function steering wheel. You should add the cold weather package as having a convertible with heated seats you can have the top down a lot more of the year. We will get ours the third week of September.

All the best- Dan

·
Registered
93 Posts
The chrome INTERIOR give it a classy look. I have half leather and very pleased with that after having just cloth on MINI Cooper hardtop. Heated seats are good especially at night. Wind deflector makes the cabin very still (it's good without - just a bit more draughty!). Three spoke steering wheel is a big improvement on two spoke.

Good luck!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm wondering about leather as well. Seems a bit hot and sticky for a convertible, no? I have cloth in my Miata and leather in my Passat, and think I'd prefer cloth when the top is down. Unless you want a nice soak spot on the back of your shirt in summertime driving.

Why is the cloth in the MCS uglier than the cloth available in the MC? From what I've seen, the only cloth you can get in the MCS is that stuff with the "paint splotch" design all over it. Is this true? Ugh.

I'd say the cold weather package is a must.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I'd go for the cold weather package -- I think it enhances resale. I was stunned when I sold one of my cars (in Texas) how many people wouldn't come look at it because I didn't have the cold weather package. Let me repeat, I live in Texas...

I have heated seats now, and I use them a lot -- just the other day, back was achy, flipped on the heated seats even though it was 95 degrees outside, and it felt sooo good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Locked Cool Blue

Thanks for the suggestions we locked yesterday and can not wait for the 3rd week in September. :D Will post pictures when we get the MC. :indi:

Ended up with-

MC in Cool Blue with Blue top, Cool blue painted interior, Dark blue leather, Sport package, Cold weather package, Wind deflector, 16 inch wheels, multi function steering wheel, Harmon Kardon Radio, Crono Pack( like real gauges)

Did not do the Chrome because we thought the car would look more understated.

Dan - Seattle Wa.

Other cars-
99 Pathfinder
91 Porsche Carrera 4

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
SeattleCabrio
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing