MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In December 07 I bought my 3rd New Mini, an August 06 MCS. The MINI was previously owned by a local MINI fan, which a few of probably know from this website. When I heard it was up for sale I just had to find out how much it would be to change from my problem filled 05 MCS.

Spec when Bought:
Pan Sunroof
MFSW with Cruise control
Harmon Kardon
Bonnet strips
Darkened Glass
Clear rear lights
Works mirror caps and bonnet scope
Works Sparco Alcantara Seats
Work hand brake grip
Work stearing wheel

and looked something like this;

After nearly a year it has transformed into this;

Mods

K&N panel filter replaced with Works Airbox flap removed and ITG air filter
Denso iridium plugs
Miltek cat-back
Janspeed Manifold with high-flow cat
17% reduced alta pulley
GRS motorsport intercooler in mirror effect
Forge strut Brace

JCW brakes with 294mm cross drilled/grooved disks
EBC rear disks
Goodridge SS hoses with 5.1 dot brake fuild
Rota Subzeros 18" x 7.5
Eibach springs

Halo Led side lights
Aeroskirts with JCW side sills
JCW Aerobumper
JCW Spoiler
JCW Carbon Fibre Harness Slots for seats
JCW alcanta gaiters for gearstick and handbrake

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
Lovely!!

Sounded really nice in Belfast on Tuesday morning, you got ahead of me and robin in the yaris by quite a bit and we could still hear it.
Quite loud lol! (understatement) but i love it

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Lovely!!

Sounded really nice in Belfast on Tuesday morning, you got ahead of me and robin in the yaris by quite a bit and we could still hear it.
Quite loud lol! (understatement) but i love it

I was trying to catch up with someone and I couldn't help it. lol I want to hear it on a fly by and also get a video off it.

Didn't realise it was so loud, maybe thats way people give me hand gestures in the morning sitting in traffic.

Whats next on your list?

Nothing else, though it doesn't stop me looking. Luckly enough a missed a set of JCW 380cc injectors on ebay.

Its my birthday tomorrow and I keep getting asked what i want, and the 1st thing that jumps to mind is 'GTT lower braces'. But I have to resist and say no.

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
I was trying to catch up with someone and I couldn't help it. lol I want to hear it on a fly by and also get a video off it.

Didn't realise it was so loud, maybe thats way people give me hand gestures in the morning sitting in traffic.

Nothing else, though it doesn't stop me looking. Luckly enough a missed a set of JCW 380cc injectors on ebay.

Its my birthday tomorrow and I keep getting asked what i want, and the 1st thing that jumps to mind is 'GTT lower braces'. though I have to resist and say no.
Its not stupidly loud at all!! Just a very nice powerful loud noise! :D:D

·
Registered
296 Posts
In December 07 I bought my 3rd New Mini, an August 06 MCS. The MINI was previously owned by a local MINI fan, which a few of probably know from this website. When I heard it was up for sale I just had to find out how much it would be to change from my problem filled 05 MCS.

Spec when Bought:
Pan Sunroof
MFSW with Cruise control
Harmon Kardon
Bonnet strips
Darkened Glass
Clear rear lights
Works mirror caps and bonnet scope
Works Sparco Alcantara Seats
Work hand brake grip
Work stearing wheel

and looked something like this;

After nearly a year it has transformed into this;

Mods

K&N panel filter replaced with Works Airbox flap removed and ITG air filter
Denso iridium plugs
Miltek cat-back
Janspeed Manifold with high-flow cat
17% reduced alta pulley
GRS motorsport intercooler in mirror effect
Forge strut Brace

JCW brakes with 294mm cross drilled/grooved disks
EBC rear disks
Goodridge SS hoses with 5.1 dot brake fuild
Rota Subzeros 18" x 7.5
Eibach springs

Halo Led side lights
Aeroskirts with JCW side sills
JCW Aerobumper
JCW Spoiler
JCW Carbon Fibre Harness Slots for seats
JCW alcanta gaiters for gearstick and handbrake
Sweet mama, that's a wicked looking MINI. Love those seats (and the rest of course...)! You must be over the moon with your MINI :biggrin:

·
JCW 250
1,124 Posts
That is quite a change.. :) Looks alot more menacing now - looks great. Am a real big fan of the alcantara JCW seats - thought they only did the leather ones till recently, if only I had known then maybe I would ave got the alcantara ones...

Brakes look cool - whats the rear setup?

Ive been looking into getting the down tubes retrimmed in alcantara - think it would work well on yours....

Alot of money has gone into that car and it all looks well worth it.

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Ive seen the car parked up near Jurys a few times now. Its BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks. I always park it up against the fence where its in 1 1/2 half spaces.

Sweet mama, that's a wicked looking MINI. Love those seats (and the rest of course...)! You must be over the moon with your MINI :biggrin:
Yeah I am, its my dream MINI.:D :D

That is quite a change.. :) Looks alot more menacing now - looks great. Am a real big fan of the alcantara JCW seats - thought they only did the leather ones till recently, if only I had known then maybe I would ave got the alcantara ones...

Brakes look cool - whats the rear setup?

Ive been looking into getting the down tubes retrimmed in alcantara - think it would work well on yours....

Alot of money has gone into that car and it all looks well worth it.

I was going for the dark mean look. I wouldn't mind getting the rear Works seats but I like having them out so it would a waste of money.

I would love the top of the dashboard covered in alcantra, they made it as a works option but big money.

Rear brakes are EBC disks with JCW pads and standard calipers with Goodridge SS hoses. :D

·
JCW 250
1,124 Posts
I would love the top of the dashboard covered in alcantra, they made it as a works option but big money.

Rear brakes are EBC disks with JCW pads and standard calipers with Goodridge SS hoses. :D

Realy? Didnt realise they did the alcantara dash??? Ive seen a leather one and Ive got the carbon firbre one... alcantara... interesting...

Did you paint the calipers yourself? Looking good - Im going to get the JCW fronts calipers with drilled and slotted discs at the front then the GTT spiroslots at the rear when I next upgrade my brakes - got spiroslots all round at the moment...

The stealth look has defo worked and is something that Im aiming for too - JCW spoiler on next.

Car looks superb - nice work! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts