MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my MINI Cooper on the 13th January 02. I just rang them and they said it'll be ready around 31st March 02. Is the 12 week build period still in effect, when ordering a 'specced' car?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Kinster said:
Is the 12 week build period still in effect, when ordering a 'specced' car?
Where did that 12 week figure come from?

I guess it varies according to the precise spec, but my dealer took the order on 3/12/2001 and registered the car 20/12/2001.

It varies a huge amount between dealers, for some reason that I still don't understand.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Re: Re: 12 weeks?

ricardo said:
...It varies a huge amount between dealers, for some reason that I still don't understand.
Perhaps its down to how many orders generated by a particular dealer are in the works ahead of "your" order.

What I mean is if you are the 11th MINI customer at a dealer with ten customer cars already on order naturally the other orders must be fulfilled first which takes time. If you walk into another dealer with no outstanding MINI orders, I think you'd likely get your car quicker.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Look on the bright side; the build quality can only improve over time and hopefully they will have sorted the 'Pull' to the left by then.

LMB:)

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: 12 weeks?

ricardo said:

Where did that 12 week figure come from?

It came from when the MINI first came out. There was a 3 month waiting list!

·
Registered
240 Posts
My mate has just cancelled his order for a MINI ONE. He's not been able to sell his Rover Cooper in time and so he's had to pull out or he would lose his deposit. He asked the dealer how long he would have to wait when he eventually replaces his order. He was told that if he ordered today (which was begining of Feb) that he would not get the car till mid April, which is heading towards 12 weeks.

Mon

PS Anyone out there with any spare cash who would like to help a fellow MINI fan to buy his MINI? All you have to do is give him £5,500 for his '99 Rover Cooper (as seen in the for sale section on this site) and he will be a very happy chappy :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Re: 12 weeks Delivery Time

BruceK said:

Perhaps its down to how many orders generated by a particular dealer are in the works ahead of "your" order.
That's what my local dealers told me - to explain their 3 month waiting list. They said it was 'cos they were so successful at selling MINIs and they'd used up their allocation.

However, the dealer who ordered my replacement MINI got it for me it in a matter of weeks and told me that they sell even more cars than the first dealer!! However, they claimed that they had a cunning plan which made sure that they got more cars through at a quicker rate.

;) ;) ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts