MINI Cooper Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Maxi Cosi Cabrio (group0+)

I've been meaning to add the pictures of our set up for a while and i've finally got round to it today!! ( click to enlarge)

Maxi cosi cabrio car seat

group 0+ Suitable from birth to 15 months (up to 13 kg)

Fitted in rear seats of sept 2005 UK mini cooper convertible with leather using existing seatbelt

Compatible with the Quinny Zapp and Buzz, and other pushchairs- see website

Unique side Protection System offers optimal protection from side impacts
Integrated sun canopy that helps sheild from the wind as well
Unique built-in seat adjuster: depth of seat can be adjusted to suit the weight of your child
Practical belt hooks to retain seat belt sucurely
Includes support pillow for extra head and back support

·
Registered
641 Posts
Ok we've had two different Mini's one tin Top, one Rag top and found we needed different seats in each so here is a reply to each:-

Carseat Brand: Britax
Carseat Name: Elite
Attachment method: Belt
Childs weight: about 18 Kilos
Childs age: 3 1/2
Carseat weight range: what group is it or the weight range? 9 - 25Kg
MINI Type: is it a One, a Cooper, a MCS? Cooper
Body Type: is it a hatch or a convertible? Hatch
MINI build date: important as there are variations January 2004
Interior trim: as in sports seats, recarro, or JCW etc.... half leather sports seats (Chilli Pack)
Note, This seat does not fit the Convertible Rear Seats

Carseat Name: Trio
Attachment method: Belt
Childs weight: about 18 Kilos
Childs age: 3 1/2
Carseat weight range: what group is it or the weight range? 9 - 36 kg
MINI Type: is it a One, a Cooper, a MCS? Cooper
Body Type: is it a hatch or a convertible? Convertible
MINI build date: important as there are variations October 2004
Interior trim: as in sports seats, recarro, or JCW etc.... Full Leather Sports Seats, fits front (with airbag disarmed) or rear seats.
Note this seat does not fit the rear seats of the Hatchback

Picture is of my Daughter Alice in the Britax Elite Car seat in my Old Cooper Hatchback aged approx 15months on South Downs Run 2004

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife has a Jul 04 Mini One with ISOFIX.

We have been using Maxi Cosi Cabriofix with the Quinny Speedi SX pushchair - the Quinny goes, with rear wheels removed, into either in the front passenger seat (with a seat cover to protect the car seat or in the back with one rear seat folded down. If the former, tape carpet or seomething else to protect the side of the console by the ashtray from scuffing.

Carseat Brand: Maxi-Cosi

Carseat Name: Cabriofix

Attachment method: Isofix

Childs weight: birth to 9kg

Childs age: birth to 9 mths approx

Carseat weight range: Group 0, see above

MINI Type: One

Body Type: Hatch

MINI build date: important as there are variations

Interior trim: Standard
Cheers
TT

·
Registered
62 Posts
We have 2 cars; a Volvo XC90 and a Cooper S. The Volvo is the main "family" car, and the Cooper S is my local runabout/providing me with some B-road fun!

Anyroads, we have one toddler (just gone 2) and a new baby due any day now!

When moving to a Group 1 seat (9-16kg; 9months-4years), I wanted to go ISOFIX for peace of mind. But, even though ISOFIX points are pretty much standard these days, finding compatible seats is still pretty limited in UK. Choice seems to be:
  • Maxi-Cosi Priorifix
  • Bebe Confort Iseos
  • Britax Duo Plus
In the Volvo, I chose the Maxi-Cosi Priorifix and it is an excellent seat... very good build quality, and ease of fitting/use. This seat DOES fit in the Mini (I have used it a couple of times).... BUT the Priorifix comes with an extending forward leg which acts as the 3rd support (as well as 2 ISOFIX points)... this was a bit too inconvenient in the Mini, due to contortion when putting child in seat/2-door hatch. So, I wanted ISOFIX but with no forward support leg. This led me to the Bebe Confort and Britax Duo Plus, both of which are ISOFIX but with top-tethers (belts that attach to anchor points in boot floor). Quality wise, the Bebe Confort is better than the Britax (but is slightly more expensive, but £ not an issue for me when it comes to child safety). So I bought the Bebe Confort Iseos for use in our Cooper S...

Carseat Brand: Bebe Confort
Carseat Name: Iseos
Attachment method: ISOFIX, with top-tether fixing
Childs weight: 9kg - 18kg
Childs age: 9months - 4 years
Carseat weight range: Group 1, weight see above
MINI Type: R56 Cooper S
Body Type: hatch
MINI build date: March 2007
Interior trim: sport seats, part-leather

So far, the seat has performed well - I don't think it's quite as good as the Maxi Cosi Priorifix, but for one with no support leg it's the best I found.

Also, as I said the Maxi Cosi Priorifix also fits in Mini (with ISOFIX)...

Carseat Brand: Maxi Cosi
Carseat Name: Priorifix
Attachment method: ISOFIX, with forward extending leg support
MINI build date: March 2007
Interior trim: sport seats, part-leather
p.s. My 2 year old daughter loves being in Cooper S more than the Volvo!

·
Making it add up
847 Posts
I have just bought the Britax Duo Plus Isofix. This is approved by Britax for the Mini but requires an extra foam pad to meet the required standard. This is supplied by Britax. Which? rated the seat as a Best Buy.

Carseat Name: Duo Plus Isofix
Attachment method: ISOFIX, or seat belt
MINI build date: November 2006

·
nice
36 Posts
We have a Saab 93 Sportwagon as our main family car which has a Maxi Cosi Priorifix fitted by Isofix. We have used this seat a number of times in our R53 MCS and the fit is excellent. We have found this seat to be a really good quality (the recline feature is a good one) and the fit with the leg rock solid. The leg helps prevent submarining on soft seats (as found in Mini's) - (the other way to achieve the same effect is by using a top tether). It is a pain in the bum to get in a out as it only just fits through the door aperture and the passenger seat needs to be keep fairly forward to give some leg room at the back. The fit indicators are a good feature too in giving confidence that the seat is in properly. All in all really really impressed by this seat.

Carseat Brand: Maxi Cosi
Carseat Name: Priorifix
Attachment method: ISOFIX, with leg support
MINI Type: R53 Cooper S
MINI build date: November 2006
Interior trim: sport seats leather

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just recently purchased a2007 Mini convertible and I had many reservations about how my son would fit and enjoy the car. Before the Mini we had an 04 G35 which he hated. He much preferred to be in our Explorer. I am happy to say that he loves the little blue car as he calls it. We purchased a tank of a booster seat called the Britax Monarch. This seat fits great in the Mini and provides great protection and comfort. I have never been happier with the purchase of automobile or a car seat. The seat does not move once the belt is secured. The seat has an innovative adjustable bracket that conforms to the back seat rest. I can't imagine there is a another seat that provides as much side impact protection. Putting him into the Mini was much easier than I thought it would (Especially with top down.) I would say that it easier in the Mini than the G35.

Carseat Name: Monarch
Attachment method: Seatbelt
Childs weight: 40 pounds
Childs age: 3 years 6 months
Carseat weight range:
MINI Type: 2007
Body Type: Convert
MINI build date:
Interior trim: Vinyl

David N.

·
Registered
641 Posts
My boy had graduated to a booster seat but having seen a rather shocking video crash testing car seats we decided to get him a larger car seat with better side protection for his head.

See video:-

.Child car seats | Crash test video

This is the one we bought, in fact we bought two one for the Mini and one for the Jag. Bad news is it doesn't fit the Triumph

Carseat Name: High Liner
Childs weight: about 3 stone
Childs age: 6 years
Carseat weight range: 15KG -36KG
MINI Type: 1st Gen Cooper
Body Type: Convertible
MINI build date: 2004
Interior trim: Leather Sports

·
Registered
34 Posts
Carseat Brand: Graco
Carseat Name: Junior Maxi
Childs weight: 15kg plus
Childs age: 4
Carseat weight range: II/III?
MINI Type: S
Body Type: Convertible
MINI build date: 2005
Interior trim: Yes :eek:

Mothercare £29-99
The Graco range seem to have a good flexible hinge on them which allows the child seat to fold enough to make contact with all of the mini seat despite the bucket/concave convertible back seat. Britax ones didn't seem as good - I have a Britax Evolva in my estate car, and it was no good at all in the back of the mini convertible, most of the child seat base didn't make contact with the mini seat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Must have for Lapis Blue.

Carseat Brand: Jane
Carseat Name: Indy Plus (ISOFIX)
Attachment method: ISOFIX
Childs weight: 16kg plus
Childs age: 3
Carseat weight range: II/III
Body Type: Tin top
MINI build date: 2002
Interior trim: 1/2 leather lapis blue

Don't know if it is still available in the blue. ISOFIX means the base is rock solid. Fits well into the bucket seat but is fairly upright - not an issue if the wee one isn't going to be sleeping...

Attachments

·
gonna finish that?
407 Posts
Carseat Brand: Jane
Carseat Name: Indy Plus (ISOFIX)
Attachment method: ISOFIX
Childs weight: 16kg plus
Childs age: 3
Carseat weight range: II/III
Body Type: Tin top
MINI build date: 2002
Interior trim: 1/2 leather lapis blue

Don't know if it is still available in the blue. ISOFIX means the base is rock solid. Fits well into the bucket seat but is fairly upright - not an issue if the wee one isn't going to be sleeping...
Oh now that's sweet! And it matches my interior! Only wish I knew about it when my kids were younger:rolleyes:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I can tell you what doesn't fit:

Our current Maxi Cosi Priory XP. Though we put it in the back for a 1/2 hour test drive, it didn't really touch the seat base in many places - so I'm interested in this thread big time.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'd posted this before asking the question elsewhere. I'd have to look at it again with more pressure on the seat.

I've to be convinced though.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.