MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been told that the prices for the cooper s have been issued today and they are only 14500 pounds. I think that is a real bargain. I can't wait to get mine now!!(At least I have got my mini one in the mean time!!)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mini prices

My Mini salesman told me that. He said that Mini had released it today, and it should be in press by tommorow.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I wanted to order the 'S' but was told the wait is up to October at the minute :mad:
Still the Cooper still looks barrels of fun and should get a good P/X next year for an upgrade

·
Registered
51 Posts
£14,500 does seem a pretty good price on its own. I guess the spec is the important thing. What do you get for the 14.5 large and what are you gonna want extra.

Having said that, my Type R's costing me £16,000 and that's without your usual luxuries i.e. no aircon. In fact that's the only optional extra!

Basically it's just and engine, four wheels and a few seats but that's what is was designed for!

If you're getting a few luxuries thrown into that £14,500, there are going to be a lot of happy potential S owners and maybe a few disappointed existing Cooper owners?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
thats soo true
i had a couple of elises and they were basically the same thing
engine
2 seats and thats about it
never even had sun visors
and on the 160S never had mats or sound dampening!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
i think for 14.5K u get nothing but the basic spec, my dealer told me this a little while back, and that includes 16" wheels as standard...

i THINK ok :D

·
Registered
374 Posts
While the full spec has yet to be released, from what we know it is hardly basic. Includes effectively the Chili pack, plus ASC+T and "aluminium" interior. I would be surprised if a CD player was not also standard, but then again - this is BMW.

·
Bad Dog, Moderator
798 Posts
Currency conversion, courtesy of http://www.xe.com/ucc/ says the US price if equivalent will be $20,884. Just about what I was expecting.:cool:

·
Registered
632 Posts
ELISEBOY said:
thats soo true
i had a couple of elises and they were basically the same thing
engine
2 seats and thats about it
never even had sun visors
and on the 160S never had mats or sound dampening!!
I bought my Elise in `97 and you didn`t mention the lack of power steering or power brakes (didn`t need either) OR the Norfolk thatch roof.

But it was a sublime car to drive - that`s for sure.

A bit closer to R1`s motor bike than his MINI Cooper me-thinks.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
it certainly is a great car!
i had my first in 98 in azure blue which was fantastic
then a nice german fella in a 5 series decided to hit me side on and took out the front of the car which despite a rebuild was never the same
Got a scandal green 160 sport as a replacement and upgraded that with 4 point harness, stack timing unit, no cat, straight pipe and a few other things
was great on the track
did the lessons up at hethel with Mr McQueen GOD !
which were brill

looking forward to a track day in the cooper

the cooper works race series looks real interesting as well
just turn up and play!

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
gromit said:
Currency conversion, courtesy of http://www.xe.com/ucc/ says the US price if equivalent will be $20,884. Just about what I was expecting.:cool:
That interesting, but it is only coincidental that that is about what we expect the Cooper S price to be in the US.

There are a lot of taxes associated with the car price in the UK masking the fact that it is not as well equipped as the US-spec car. For example, all US MINIs will have a/c as standard - it's an extra-cost option in the UK. And the UK Cooper has a cassette player as standard where in the US the Cooper will have CD as standard. And the US MINI's have head airbags as standard, and so on...

Still, I've got my fingers crossed that the US Cooper S price will be under $21K. :) And I'm happy for the UK customers who view £14.5K as a fair price in their market!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Spec is nothing new:
Sports +
6 Speed box
16" alloys and runflats
ASC + T
Leather wheel and shifter
chrome fuel cap foot rest and side grille, door strip
alu look dash
Alarm
two new colours (as per press photos)

No leather!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
What will I get for my Cooper?

October - November delivery eh?

My Cooper will be 1 year old exactly then and will probably have about 22,000 miles on it!

What do you think they'll give me for it if I trade it in for an 'S'?

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Re: What will I get for my Cooper?

Major Clanger said:
October - November delivery eh?

My Cooper will be 1 year old exactly then and will probably have about 22,000 miles on it!

What do you think they'll give me for it if I trade it in for an 'S'?
I would love to know that too. It all depends on the condition of the car, whether you trade it in or sell private. I have been told that minimum you will loose the VAT on the car.

Good question Major Clanger

LMB:D :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts