MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I LUV my MINI
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Is there any MINI2'ers that know of any reliable places in the North East of UK that can supply and fit a 15% pulley. Want a really good pulley fitted after my car is through it's run in period. I'm sure I saw somewhere on here that someone got theirs supplied and fitted for about £220....... £60 of this being for fitting which I thought was a good price.

Am I correct in thinking I won't need anymore cooling for the supercharger with a 15% pulley upgrade????

Oh and most important I would like it to be as close to the original spec....don't want to lose my warranty or TLC. Have heard people say they can get one fitted that looks as if the motor hasn't been touched.

As you can tell I'm new to this :)

·
Its not all small!
116 Posts
Try www.robertshawracing.co.uk

Its in Boldon in/near Sunderland.

Where abouts you from in the North East? Im in Washington. Taking delivery of my Cooper S in December and cant wait.

Im a member of the north east mini club... classic minis and new minis. You should join!

Robert Shaw Racing know there stuff and compete in the John Cooper Challenge.

Goodluck

Let me know the outcome of fitting the pulley

Mic

·
I LUV my MINI
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi MiniMic

Thanks for your reply to my post.

I'm from Stanley Co Durham, not to far from Washington. My MCS arrives around the 15th of Nov. Got her from Fawdington's in Newcastle. Salesman told me I may get her a week early when I popped in on Saturday.

I fully intend on getting some mods done just sussing out who's the best & most reliable in our area. Gonna run her in then save up some cash and get stuff done one at a time rather than all at once. This means I can sort of see what each mod does performance wise, rather than just going out and buying a shed load of gear and slapping it on in one go. Plus it's a bit easier on the pocket seems to take me ages to save......lol

The North East MINI club heard of it........How you become a member?...... I'll have a look, see if I can find it by doing a search with Google.

So I bet the wait for you is the same as me.... unbearable. I keep marking the days off the calendar. it's like a sort of MINI advent calendar.... :)

Thanks again for posting I'll checkout the guys you informed me about ;)

·
I LUV my MINI
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Fizzle

When the time comes and I decide to carry out the mods I will definately contact Robert Shaw.

Would they supply the pulley just looked on their site and it doesn't seem to be listed in the products.

Anyone know which is the best 15 % pulley, like a 3 piece one or a solid one.Which manufacturer does anyone recommend, like Alta or B&M.

Thanks again :)

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
Kotz said:
When the time comes and I decide to carry out the mods I will definately contact Robert Shaw.

Would they supply the pulley just looked on their site and it doesn't seem to be listed in the products.

Anyone know which is the best 15 % pulley, like a 3 piece one or a solid one.Which manufacturer does anyone recommend, like Alta or B&M.

Thanks again :)
unfortunatly there website isnt that great. i normally just give him a ring or go to the workshop to get any parts ordered. they definatly supply pullys as well as i've discussed this with gary before, i'm sure he could get any make you were after but would probably give you some good advice before ordering if you spoke to him.

good luck with your mcs mate.

·
I LUV my MINI
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks fizzle

Really appreciate your info. It always seems as if most of the tuners or fitters of aftermarket products live miles & miles away. It's nice to hear from other peoples experiences through dealing with companys a bit nearer to home before actually taking the plunge yourself and keeping your fingers crossed that everything is going to be alright after someone you have never dealt with before messes with your pride and joy.

Just wish my car was here it's realllly dragging by :)

Thanks again m8

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
beatbox said:
Thanks Fizzle,what work /mods have you had done?
After i get my 210 bhp upgrade thinking off some suspension/brake mods,so its good to know a local company that comes recomended
just had a few basics done at the moment, works exhaust, pipercross induction kit and eibach springs. all carried out without a hitch.

gonna wait til the spring before i get some proper power. want to get at least one service from the tlc before i through it out the window!! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.