MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the FAQ and was unable to find a discussion regarding the advantages/disadvantages of the 15% vs. 19% pulley modification. I have heard that the 19% pulley has the advantage of better power at lower RPM, but that the noise at high speed and heat build-up are a problem. One thread discussed a dyno test that indicates that the ECU actually negates the advantages of the 19% pulley at higher RPMs to protect the engine.

I would apprciate an informed response. Are there actual dyno tests to indicate the gain of the 19% over the 15%? I will not be racing my car and i will probably do a CAI, maybe an exhaust upgrade and if i can ever figure out which software upgrade makes sense, i will do that. If i do not do the software upgrade will i not derive the increased benefit from the 19%?

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
berky said:
I searched the FAQ and was unable to find a discussion regarding the advantages/disadvantages of the 15% vs. 19% pulley modification. I have heard that the 19% pulley has the advantage of better power at lower RPM, but that the noise at high speed and heat build-up are a problem. One thread discussed a dyno test that indicates that the ECU actually negates the advantages of the 19% pulley at higher RPMs to protect the engine.

I would apprciate an informed response. Are there actual dyno tests to indicate the gain of the 19% over the 15%? I will not be racing my car and i will probably do a CAI, maybe an exhaust upgrade and if i can ever figure out which software upgrade makes sense, i will do that. If i do not do the software upgrade will i not derive the increased benefit from the 19%?
Read post #7 on this thread and #2 here and then dig through these search results for more

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.