MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Build your own option does not list the five star wheels as an option for the S. Disapointing, but I can live with V-spoke. Think the 17" are a little too much for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was also looking at the five star wheels but will have to live with the standard wheels unless somebody wants to swap out but wanted high performance tires instead of all season

·
Registered
930 Posts
Same, bummer no 5-star wheels for the S but I can live with the V-spokes I suppose :(.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
If you're disappointed that 5-star alloys aren't a no cost option on the 'S'

... let MINI USA know about it by sending an email.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wrote to MINI assistance a month ago about the 16" 5 star wheels. They replied with Specification Change Request number 119017. Stating that the 5 star wheels are available on the Cooper S as a factory option. "Ask your dealer for details".:cool:

Good luck.
Apex

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Changing 5 star for v spokes

Apex,
Did they indicate that it was a no cost option or an additional cost?

·
Registered
104 Posts
The email I received did not state whether the 5 stars were a no charge option. I sent an email to my dealer but he had no answer.

Apex

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm getting the 16" 5-spoke wheels (in white).

While I cannot order them from the factory, on the car, I will be swapping the X-lites for the 5-spokes (but will keep the rubber that comes with the X-lites, as both wheels are exactly the same size) at the dealership. I just hope the only cost for me will be the labour of pulling the rubber off the X-lites and putting it on the 5-spokes.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Apex said:
I wrote to MINI assistance a month ago about the 16" 5 star wheels. They replied with Specification Change Request number 119017. Stating that the 5 star wheels are available on the Cooper S as a factory option. "Ask your dealer for details".:cool:
Here's MINI USA's response regarding Change Request 119017 and the associated cost:
Unfortunately, this email was sent out a month ago, before we had final factory option lists. The MINI people felt that offering the five star wheel only on the Cooper would better differentiate it. (Don't blame me, I like them too!)

However, dealers are going to have comprehensive wheel and tire programs for the MINI. Since wheels are quite easily changed (Only four bolts) a dealer can easily equip your MINI with the wheels of your choice. Exact costs with the dealer, if any, would likely depend on the demand for a particular wheel and it's counterpart for exchange.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
For those of us in the US buying a Cooper S but wanting 5-Star wheels, here are my thoughts on one way to get it done:

Let's say you want to order the Sport Package because like most of what it offers (DSC, Fog lamps, Xenons w/ washers) but you're not crazy about the heavy 17" wheels with stiffer riding tires. But, because of the package discount you can rationalize that when you buy the Sport Package the 17" S-Lite wheels only cost you $110 as part of the option. If you really want everything else the package offers, it may be worth your money to gain the 17" S-Lite wheels for peanuts.

The, once you have the 17" X-Lites I think it'll be easy to find a standard Cooper owner with the 5-Stars who would gladly swap his 5-Stars for your X-Lites and pay you money for the privilege. Or even make a trade with the dealership who, no doubt, would like to have the more pricey 17" inch wheels to sell.

Convoluted, but it might work. :)

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Bruce,
I like your logic, that may be the way to go as long as there is some demand for the 17" wheels from Cooper owners. Let's hope it works. I reallly want the 5 spoke 16 inchers.
tHANKS.

JP

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm planning on a Cooper with 16 inch 5-spoke wheels, and I think I would be interested in swapping for the Cooper S standard wheels if anyone's interested. I'm in Chicago.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Are you lot sure you want the 16" wheels. I've had my Cooper since September and i'm now going to upgrade to the 17"s cause i think that the 16's dont really fill the arch fully and sometime look a bit small - especially when dirty. this is just my opinion though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts