MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still debating on whether going the 17" route or the 16" route. I realise the mini handles best on 16" wheels but then there is the aesthetic fact...or opinion that 17" look better on the car. I do like the look of the 17" wheels on the mini with the 45 profile tyres, and the bullets don't look too heavy for a 17" rim - as opposed to the S-spokes (which look awesome but are way out of the question, mainly because of the weight). I do enjoy chucking my mini into bends every now and then and don't want to compromise the handling too much, but will do slightly to increase the aesthetic appeal of my car. Will the bullets have any noticeable drawbacks on the car (I'm running 15" wheels now with the terrible-grip Pirelli P6000's). I want to make the car feel more stable at reasonably high speed in a straight line and round bends and I feel 17" wheels will help me achieve that, but 16" wheels will allow it to be more 'chuckable'. Been thinking about this for quite a while now and would appreciate some thoughts from both 17" users and 16" users - advantages and disdvantages. Cheers
[p.s I'll be looking at getting the wheels resprayed in anthracite]

Attachments

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
well I have had both of these wheels on my car and to be honest I really didn't notice much difference when I changed over - apart from the look.

The bullets definitly fill the arches much better :eek:

Having said that I do have a very nice set of 5 stars in my garage with 2 excellent tyres and 2 with a bit of mileage left in em if your interested ;)

Going back through the old pics to find those for you really has shocked me how much my car has changed over the years :eek: it now looks like this :cool:

·
Banned
211 Posts
i have bullets on my black mcs,
but i am after a set just the wheels for my girlfriends red 03 cooper.
ideally i would prefer the r95 18" but they priced over 1400,

·
Factory JCW
658 Posts
Deff Bullets mate. Had S spokes on my old S and noticed a slight diffrence to the handling as the Bullets are lighter wheels. 17s in my opinion also look better for the Mini

·
Totally Insane!
7,800 Posts
Bullets! :D I had them at first on my car (have since changed to R105s). I think they look really nice and are definitely one of my favourites! :D Also getting them resprayed in Anthracite will be cool! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts