MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I'm Back!
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my set of S Spoke 17" with Pirelli r/flats put on by dealer on Saturday..didn't go far afterwards only back home, didn't notice a problem, just a firmer ride which I was fine with as I expected this.....

What i didn't expect this morning on my usual way to work ( I go over a road which has had a fair bit of roadwork done) was very bad tram lining..I was a bit put off by this at first until I got on a decent bit of tarmac then it was fine. Then tonight on the way home the steering was dreadful, throwing the wheel and tram lining really bad and then this realy awful noise from the front somewhere ( doing around 25 mph by this time and panicking)..fortunately I go past the dealer service dept on by route home so I stopped in there and explained what happend.....it was straight in their back part....the problem was no pressure in one of the tyres!!..that was causing the noise and the wobbles!....anyway back home I went about 3/4 mile down the road, noise gone, took it round the block and all seems fine...the urge to give it a thrashing round some corners in uncontrolable but I hear new tyres need to be treated kindly apparantely?....

It's just taken the shine of my new wheels I was so happy when they were put on, but very dissapointed the dealer didn't check the pressure :(..I may ring and complain tomorrow for what good that will do...

Whilst Im on the subject, any thoughts as to the correct or best pressure for these tyres I do mainly short journeys over average roads.

Cheers Tracie :)

·
I'm Back!
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update to my first post is that the front near side lost pressure again today, took into dealers specifed Tyre fitter..problem was the beading, leaking in 5 places!..anyway all fixed and all pressures set to 2.1 (30ish) as only really me in the car at anyone time...lets hope I have no more problems..apart from that little problem I'm so far happy with the r/f.

·
I'm Back!
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No the r/f light didn't come on, I had to second guess the problem...fingers crossed its all fixed now..according to the tyre guy he says with runflats if there is a problem with the beading on a new tyre it shows up within days of being put on the wheel...:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.