MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have just upgraded my MCS alloys.

Does anyone know what my old S spoke 17" alloys without tyres would be worth to sell ?

They are in fair condition but all need refurbs, only done 14,000 miles. They are from a 2004 MCS.

Don't think I'll be offended if you suggest a very low price, just wondered if it's worth the bother to sell them.

Thanks for your time, Debbie

JUST AN UPDATE :not sure if these alloys are called CROWN SPOKE they are the ones upgraded with the Chilli pack any help/info appreciated.:smile:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Debbie,

Get on e bay and watch a set or two, also look at the buy it now ones and see if they go. Packaging can be a pain and the ones without it offered tend to go cheap. How bad is the damage?

Milly

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, Milly its damage is around the edges the middles are fine :puzzled:

I don't know alot about wheels, I know nothing: frown:, they are still shiny

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi, I have just upgraded my MCS alloys.

Does anyone know what my old S spoke 17" alloys without tyres would be worth to sell ?

They are in fair condition but all need refurbs, only done 14,000 miles. They are from a 2004 MCS.

Don't think I'll be offended if you suggest a very low price, just wondered if it's worth the bother to sell them.

Thanks for your time, Debbie

JUST AN UPDATE :not sure if these alloys are called CROWN SPOKE they are the ones upgraded with the Chilli pack any help/info appreciated.:smile:
Hi,

I'm afraid probably not a lot. Without tyres and with kerbing, you'll probably looking at £75-100 max. The thing is, people are looking for easy deals these days and are usually looking for wheel + tyre sets that are ready to bolt on. There are so many used wheels on offer, many with tyres that have 4-6mm thread left on them. Having to purchase tyres separately and also having to have the tyres fitted is often too much involved for all those who are looking for quick and easy.

Your potential buyers are most likely people who wish to replace one or two of their own S Spokes, or people who are looking for an extra set of 17" wheels to fit winter tyres on which they only bolt on the car during winter. Or even people who want to use the wheels for track days, so they can fit special grippy tyres on them.

Also have a look in the Classifieds section on MINI2 to get an impression of how much others are asking for their wheels. Like you, many people upgrade from S Spokes to something else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts