MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm keen to see a 'normal' pic of a MINI with 17" alloys....the brochures look far too glossy ! I wanna sense of realism....if the car is yellow that'd be even better....I'd even be grateful for some paint shop trickery...! yellow, with white roof ! HELP !!
So far the chili pack black has become pepper pack yellow with 17s !!
Yeah I have seen all the lovely official pics, but the hue has been 'enhanced' somewhat !
Thanks...

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I have seen the 17" wheels on a green cooper with a black and white cherquered roof looks the dogs bits

I have seen Yellow with white
Yellow with black
Yellow with yellow
they are all very smart but I thought the yellow with white looked the best but none of them had 17" on them I've only seen them on the green cooper.
Sorry but no pic's of them.

·
Sham's apprentice
721 Posts
Go to MINIUSA and check out the 360 view of a Cooper S. It's Yellow w/ black roof and 17's.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Real wheels!

Here is a pic of a new yellow Cooper with white roof and 17" wheels in MINI Bristol. Enjoy:D

Attachments

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
17" Wheel anger!!!

These 17" wheels realy make me mad!!
I tried everything to get these wheels speced on my car to the point that I told my dealer that I wouldn't order it if they couldn't fit them.
I had an Email from MINI customer services saying that the 17" wheels were going throught some safety tests in Germany so they couldn't release them yet!! Bull!!! (I insisted that the car was ordered with the 17" wheels which is why I was contacted.) Now they are availiable I can buy them for my Cooper for around £1600!!! Thanks? I think that enyone who ordered their car with these wheels and couldn't get them should be able to do an exchange for their 16" whilst paying the upgrade price of £350 for them. Or at least be able to buy them at a special price. Fume....Fume!! :mad:

·
Registered
213 Posts
I only added them to my order by sheer luck.

I was in the dealers checking out the latest cars on delivery and was chatting to Matt & Simon and they said then (early Dec) that the 17" wheels were available.

I agree that current MINI owners who couldn't get them on their order should be able to get a 'special' price.

Mine cost £350 on top of the Chili pack.

Cheers & Merry Xmas

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Garry said:
I only added them to my order by sheer luck........Mine cost £350 on top of the Chili pack......Cheers & Merry Xmas
I did not order them originally because, to be honest I didn't know it was a option. Once I found out I thought long and hard on whether to get them (well about 10 secs), before deciding it was a must;)

I though on the other hand am having to pay £370 to upgrade from chili 16" wheels.. :(...Ho Hum

Merry Christmas everyone...I am so full from stuffing my face I can barely move:p

LMB:D Ho Ho Ho

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the pic and info....
Those wheels are beasts !!
I may opt for pepper + 17s...£300 + £780 or
Chili + 17s...£1000 + £370....
My dealer has a car arriving soon with the 17s so will give it a look before I finally decide....
Yellow looks a cert...for now....which wheels? Love the 16s..but those 17s....wow !

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
How much will a tyre be for those beasts:confused: :D :D :D

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've heard that a tyre will cost £150 - £180... ouch !
I can get a set of boots for my mini for £100 !
Any idea on how much 16"s tyres are ?

Still swung by the pic..yellow and 17s looking more and more likely !

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sod the price when the wheels look that good! I ordered the 17" - as soon as I saw the brochure I set my heart on them.:D :D :D

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mr Cooper,
When is your car due ?
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna take pepper and the 17s...I think that with the chili having SS+ the ride will be too firm...and that rear spoiler looks totally pants ! Besides I can live without sports seats....still, I have a few months in which to change my mind !
I think what has swung it for me are the official pics of the yellow Cooper with the 17s..it just looks so frickin' funky !

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
17" S spoke wheels for me!

I just knew I had to have those 17" S Spoke alloy wheels as soon as I opened the big spiral-bound brochure. Just don't tell my hubby about tyre replacement cost, or replacement cost for the MINI in general. ;)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
BMW DEALERS: Re: 17" Wheel anger!!!

R1 said:
These 17" wheels realy make me mad!!
I tried everything to get these wheels speced on my car to the point that I told my dealer that I wouldn't order it if they couldn't fit them.
I had an Email from MINI customer services saying that the 17" wheels were going throught some safety tests in Germany so they couldn't release them yet!! Bull!!! (I insisted that the car was ordered with the 17" wheels which is why I was contacted.) Now they are availiable I can buy them for my Cooper for around £1600!!! Thanks? I think that enyone who ordered their car with these wheels and couldn't get them should be able to do an exchange for their 16" whilst paying the upgrade price of £350 for them. Or at least be able to buy them at a special price. Fume....Fume!! :mad:
R1, no one seemed to pick up on this. Have you spoken to your dealer on this point ?. I would be suprised given that you ordered the car with 17"'s that they wouldn't have done you a special deal and swopped over the 16"s which they could easily sell on. I would be fuming as well if I was in your position. You've basically been ripped off.

ANY DEALERS IN HERE ABLE TO HELP R1 OUT.....

·
Registered
353 Posts
My baby arrives on the 1st of March - ages away. If no-one has done it by then I'll post a review of how she drives with the sps+ and 17" inch wheels - I plan on doing A LOT of testing anyway! :D :D :D

I'll keep you posted;)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Re: Real wheels!

Garry said:
Here is a pic of a new yellow Cooper with white roof and 17" wheels in MINI Bristol. Enjoy:D

AGHHHHHHH!!!......... And I'd thought I'd made my mind up about the colour.......geeezzzz......I do like that yellow........aggghhhhhhhhh........dammit!!!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
All being well I should pick my Cooper Chili with SS+ and 17" S-Spokes next weekend (either Sat 5th or Mon 7th Jan), so as soon as I've had a whirl I'll come on here and pop a 'review' up so you can see my thoughts on it all - my instincts say it will be a hard ride, but when the red mist descends on the right road (or roundabout), it will be an unbeatable combination... :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
You're just saying that to make me jealous - I've got to wait until March!:( :( :(

Tell us when you get to carve up some Novas (not that I condone such behaviour ;) )

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Re: Real wheels!

Garry said:
Garry,

Do you have any more photo's of this particular car ?

cheers

1 - 20 of 76 Posts